Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Why Not? He is speedster and could fit for No. 2 spot.

 

His BABIP was an unsustainable (even with his speed) .346. He has no power and gets on base about as much as Salty (.326 for Dee, .320 for Salty). He's a bad defender, too. His projected 2015: .256/.307/.331. For reference, everyone's favorite Solano Bro is projected for a very similar 2015 (but with fewer steals, of course): .253/.303/.338.

 

 

His BABIP was an unsustainable (even with his speed) .346. He has no power and gets on base about as much as Salty (.326 for Dee, .320 for Salty). He's a bad defender, too. His projected 2015: .256/.307/.331. For reference, everyone's favorite Solano Bro is projected for a very similar 2015 (but with fewer steals, of course): .253/.303/.338.

 

 

I got it. :(

 

 

Wild Card probably got a boner hearing Dee Gordon is available

 

 

Absolutely. Of the options available, he fits this team best. I would be fucking thrilled with Gordon.

 

http://www.truebluela.com/2014/12/9/7363825/dee-gordon-trade-rumors-dodgers-marlins

 

That's a good read on the situation. Sounds like the Dodgers are trying to quietly sell on him with Guerrero waiting in the wings. I'd love to have him, I think he would be the perfect fit at the top of our order.

His BABIP was an unsustainable (even with his speed) .346. He has no power and gets on base about as much as Salty (.326 for Dee, .320 for Salty). He's a bad defender, too. His projected 2015: .256/.307/.331. For reference, everyone's favorite Solano Bro is projected for a very similar 2015 (but with fewer steals, of course): .253/.303/.338.

 

 

Those "fewer steals" were worth a whole win by themselves last year. 346 is high but not that crazy for him. He's not a bad defender, he's an average defender. The same projection you used for hitting projects him as an average defender next year. I don't think that both his babip and his baserunning will both crater like they do though.

 

In his first full season this year he was worth 3 wins and made the minimum. He has four more years of control and has some upside on that 3 wins (could walk more, could raise his iso with more doubles and triples in our stadium, could be a slightly above average glove). If he regresses some he could be a two win guy which is still good for us. If it mostly goes bad he's a one win guy which is still a win for 500k.

 

I would absolutely want him for some of these names being thrown around here. Hopefully the Dodgers agree but I think they would want more.

 

 

I love Dee Gordon's skillset he just needs to take a freakin BB once in awhile...If the Marlins want him to lead off the line-up he would have work to do in the area of patience and pitch recognition. His stats include a McGehee type slide last year. In His first full season he was at the all-star game. However 31 BB in 650 PA jut is atrocious for a lead-off hitter. Reference to his defense, he has shown great improvement to the point of being an average defender, although I would love to see more than 84 DP but then again his SS was H2R most of the time

 

If the Marlins can't get Dee Gordon can they get Darwin Barney instead...then maybe not!

 

 

Those "fewer steals" were worth a whole win by themselves last year. 346 is high but not that crazy for him. He's not a bad defender, he's an average defender. The same projection you used for hitting projects him as an average defender next year. I don't think that both his babip and his baserunning will both crater like they do though.

 

In his first full season this year he was worth 3 wins and made the minimum. He has four more years of control and has some upside on that 3 wins (could walk more, could raise his iso with more doubles and triples in our stadium, could be a slightly above average glove). If he regresses some he could be a two win guy which is still good for us. If it mostly goes bad he's a one win guy which is still a win for 500k.

 

I would absolutely want him for some of these names being thrown around here. Hopefully the Dodgers agree but I think they would want more.

 

 

 

All of this. Great post.

I feel like we really want to make a stupid trade but other teams simply won't let us :(

I know its "just Frisaro" but he claims we could actually have a new first baseman, second baseman, and starting pitcher sometime today.

 

Whatever's happening behind the scenes has to be clearing itself up.

 

 

LA claims he isn't available anyway

 

 

 

Correction, they said they aren't shopping him. They never said he's not available.

I know its "just Frisaro" but he claims we could actually have a new first baseman, second baseman, and starting pitcher sometime today.

 

Whatever's happening behind the scenes has to be clearing itself up.

 

masterson, Kendrick, & morse

I know its "just Frisaro" but he claims we could actually have a new first baseman, second baseman, and starting pitcher sometime today.

 

Whatever's happening behind the scenes has to be clearing itself up.

 

 

 

Infante, Tulo, and Morneau in some convoluted three team trade I didn't think we could pull off-

 

And Peavy for two and 25.

Infante, Tulo, and Morneau in some convoluted three team trade I didn't think we could pull off-

 

And Peavy for two and 25.

 

I'd rather go with Hernandez/Dietrich over Infante. That seems like a lateral move.

 

Tulo and Morneau would be unbelievable but I feel like it would also be terribly impossible.

I'd rather go with Hernandez/Dietrich over Infante. That seems like a lateral move.

 

Tulo and Morneau would be unbelievable but I feel like it would also be terribly impossible.

 

I could see a random deal with the A's for something like Samardzjia and Lowrie being realistic.

 

 

Samardzija has been traded to the White Sox and Lowrie is a FA

 

 

I'd rather go with Hernandez/Dietrich over Infante. That seems like a lateral move.

 

Tulo and Morneau would be unbelievable but I feel like it would also be terribly impossible.

 

I could see a random deal with the A's for something like Samardzjia and Lowrie being realistic.

 

Lowrie is a free agent and Samardzija is a White Sox (White Sock?)

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.