December 3, 201411 yr And is that better paying him $40 million those 4 years and trading Heaney, versus having Kike, Dietrich, Barnes, Romero, and Heaney and that $40 million. This one is a no brainer. I agree that it doesn't make sense to acquire him to play second. But I kind if have a crush on him as a hitter; he is just the absolute model of perfection for offensive consistency and I would love to have him... At 1B. I thinks we are gonna have to settle for Bour, though. And that may not be a bad thing; I think Big Boy is gonna hit.
December 3, 201411 yr are you suggesting Murphy would cost them Andrew Heaney? I'm not arguing to acquire Murphy but that can't be... Absolutely going to cost him in comparison to what else the Marlins can offer in farm (which is relatively nothing as they can't trade Realmuto, and everything else is flyer back end starter and bullpen arms). I don't see an arbitration eligible Eovaldi and other arms getting that done. Not to mention, the Mets have a lot of pitchers right now so surely they would be looking at Ozuna (which obviously is a thanks and goodbye scenario from the Marlins perspective). This is just not a great idea on any level. Castro, Valbuena, Vogelbach - One stop shopping with the Cubs, they'll take Heaney, Cishek, and more arms without a doubt.
December 3, 201411 yr Absolutely going to cost him in comparison to what else the Marlins can offer in farm (which is relatively nothing as they can't trade Realmuto, and everything else is flyer back end starter and bullpen arms). I don't see an arbitration eligible Eovaldi and other arms getting that done. Not to mention, the Mets have a lot of pitchers right now so surely they would be looking at Ozuna (which obviously is a thanks and goodbye scenario from the Marlins perspective). This is just not a great idea on any level. Castro, Valbuena, Vogelbach - One stop shopping with the Cubs, they'll take Heaney, Cishek, and more arms without a doubt. I would have to think Eovaldi could get Murphy. He is probably just below what Murphy is worth before you consider he has three years of service time to Murphys one.
December 3, 201411 yr I would have to think Eovaldi could get Murphy. He is probably just below what Murphy is worth before you consider he has three years of service time to Murphys one. Harvey, Niese, Gee, DeGrom, Wheeler, Colon, and Syndergaard coming They don't need him. Heaney would just be to good a deal to pass up.
December 4, 201411 yr Everybody needs 25 year old flamethrowers. Let's be real. Eovaldi would be an overpay considering both players value in WAR and service time.
December 6, 201411 yr Frisaro is reporting The Marlins are prepared to go into the season with Kike and Solano at 2nd base (no mention of Dietrich) http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/ It appears The Marlins really like Kike
December 6, 201411 yr Frisaro is reporting The Marlins are prepared to go into the season with Kike and Solano at 2nd base (no mention of Dietrich) that's really really smrt
December 6, 201411 yr I find it comical that the Marlins think Hernandez can be an everyday starter to be frank with you.
December 6, 201411 yr I find it comical that the Marlins think Hernandez can be an everyday starter to be frank with you. So, be Charlie with me.... What do you think of that?
December 6, 201411 yr I find it comical that the Marlins think Hernandez can be an everyday starter to be frank with you. Underwood?
December 7, 201411 yr I find it comical that the Marlins think Hernandez can be an everyday starter to be frank with you. More comical than wanting to offer Hechavarria a long term deal?
December 7, 201411 yr More comical than wanting to offer Hechavarria a long term deal? Would you be OK if it was a 10 year deal for 8 dollars?
December 7, 201411 yr I find it comical that the Marlins think Hernandez can be an everyday starter to be frank with you. I don't think we know enough about him to say it's comical. Now saying Solano can be the everyday starter is comical.
December 7, 201411 yr Still overpaying. Exactly. Negative WAR should require him paying the Marlins for the opportunity to cost the team wins.
December 7, 201411 yr Frisaro is reporting The Marlins are prepared to go into the season with Kike and Solano at 2nd base (no mention of Dietrich) http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/ It appears The Marlins really like Kike I wonder if they're considering DD at a corner IF spot at all.
December 7, 201411 yr I wonder if they're considering DD at a corner IF spot at all. They've already mentioned him as an alternative option at 1B.
December 8, 201411 yr Btw, I had a dream last night that we traded eovaldi, Heaney, and cishek for tulowitski. Not sure how I felt about it when I woke up. I know it would have taken more but whatever.
December 9, 201411 yr Btw, I had a dream last night that we traded eovaldi, Heaney, and cishek for tulowitski. Not sure how I felt about it when I woke up. I know it would have taken more but whatever. Actually idk if it would take more than that. That's a lot of talent in one deal.
December 9, 201411 yr I don't think it would take that much. Well, when you consider the control of both Eovaldi and Cishek, it sounds about right to me. Those guys are already getting paid and aren't too far away from FA.
December 9, 201411 yr http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/dodgers-open-to-trading-dee-gordon.html Finally, Dee Gordon was listed . How about it?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.