December 23, 201411 yr Has a nice fluid delivery with good stuff. Does not walk a a lot of guys but needs to cut down on the hits allowed. Has good potential and some experience.
December 23, 201411 yr Author I suspect he doesn't have options? He might, not sure on that. Yanks DFA'd him because they needed a 40-man spot.
December 23, 201411 yr Cishek, Ramos, Morris, Crow, Dunn, and Hand are currently locks, and if Haren stays/they get another SP, Koehler/Phelps loser is the swingman and also a lock. Already a full house. There is just not room. If they ditch Haren and Hand and pick up no one, still only have two spots for Claiborne, Capps, Rienzo, Ramsey, McKirahan, Conley, Dayton, Nicolino, and Dyson. But I guess that's ok heading into spring training. This is a really good depth chart, especially with Urena, Williams, Wittigren, Brice, and some others behind them. You can never have enough pitching, but they should really dip into this and try and get a legitimate # 3 SP and really good backup OF. Kennedy/Venable is absolutely perfect and can't imagine there isn't a reasonable combo here.
December 24, 201411 yr Gotta figure there's talks going on between the teams. Haren wants to play for the Angels or Padres. Would seem like a good fit in San Diego when they're hanging their hopes on guys like Morrow and JJ. He's at least been durable, they could do worse.
December 24, 201411 yr Good point, the Angels already said they don't want Haren but the Padres wouldn't be hurting themselves by getting him.
December 24, 201411 yr I am sure the Padres would love Haren the problem is what to get back.... I would Love to get Franchy Cordero and Maybin
December 24, 201411 yr I am sure yhe Padres would love Haren the problem is what to get back.... I would Love to get Frenchy Cordero and Maybin We'd get just one player back. Let's be realistic here. Unless it's two lower tier minor leaguers.
December 24, 201411 yr Maybin is a throwaway...He has no chance at making the roster Franchy is a low level SS almost 3 years away ( I love the name I love the power)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.