2015 draft

Is there already a thread on this? If yes, then sorry Admin and fuck you. Anyway, it's draft time. Any clue who the marlins take? Remember that time we traded our supplemental first rounder for a replacement level RP (Bryan Morris) who could easily be replaced and outdone by someone in our system (Nick Wittgren). Pretty smart idea when your farm is as thin as the fishies! Marlins baseball!

Anyway, Kiley at fangraphs has us taking Trenton Clark, LF, Richland HS (TX). Here's a phillies profile on him: http://www.thegoodphight.com/2015/5/11/8583889/2015-phillies-draft-preview-trenton-clark-of

Is there already a thread on this? If yes, then sorry Admin and fuck you. Anyway, it's draft time. Any clue who the marlins take? Remember that time we traded our supplemental first rounder for a replacement level RP (Bryan Morris) who could easily be replaced and outdone by someone in our system (Nick Wittgren). Pretty smart idea when your farm is as thin as the fishies! Marlins baseball!

Anyway, Kiley at fangraphs has us taking Trenton Clark, LF, Richland HS (TX). Here's a phillies profile on him: http://www.thegoodphight.com/2015/5/11/8583889/2015-phillies-draft-preview-trenton-clark-of

​SHUT UP POLLY BRYAN MORRIS HAD A 0.66 ERA FOR US LAST YEAR HE IS THE GREATEST RELIEF PITCHER OF ALL TIME

Back on topic, Trenton Clark has been the Marlins pick in several Mock drafts, I'm hoping that Fulmer falls through to the Marlins spot, I can't see a need for Clark at this time, why not go with Aiken!

On a sidenote I want to see Wittgren in The Show too, more so that he can finally afford to get that F'ed up tooth fixed!

Back on topic, Trenton Clark has been the Marlins pick in several Mock drafts, I'm hoping that Fulmer falls through to the Marlins spot, I can't see a need for Clark at this time, why not go with Aiken!

On a sidenote I want to see Wittgren in The Show too, more so that he can finally afford to get that F'ed up tooth fixed!

Clark being a high school player, though, as time goes on - say we draft him this year and he's ready by 2019. Depending on how Ozuna has done, could trade him and move Yelich over to center so Clark can take over left. It's an idea.

Granted I do like our outfield as it is ...

College hitter please.  Preferably 1b or 3b that can get to the big leagues quickly.  Read the buster olney column on Epstein and Cherington, getting as much good hitting as possible is how you build a team in this current state of baseball where everyone has good young pitching and pitching dominates the game.

The latest Frisaro article on the draft is the probably the stupidest thing he's ever written (that's saying a lot). Great lines like "Marlins will make 12th overall Draft pick count."

Love how he fails to mention the trading a supplementral pick for a below replacement level RP.  

The latest Frisaro article on the draft is the probably the stupidest thing he's ever written (that's saying a lot). Great lines like "Marlins will make 12th overall Draft pick count."

Love how he fails to mention the trading a supplementral pick for a below replacement level RP.  

​When you are a shill for the team....you have to write if not Jeffrey might get mad at you and fire you 

"​Marlins will likely make the 12th overall pick not count by drafting a player who is willing to sign for less rather than one who fills an urgent need and is considered almost Major League ready right out of the draft."

I want us to grab Aiken or Nix if they fall to us. 

Aiken because his ceiling was so high in 2014, and Nix because his stock has risen so much since his 5th round choice  in 2014 and his year learning strictly how to pitch. He's added MpH and movement on his pitches, and might have learned a new pitch too. 

We can't reach for a LF, if he flops in the field- he can't move to right to hide that. We need to draft up the middle and move them as needed if needed. 

Draft a CF, you can hide them in the corners. 

Draft a SS , you can hide him at 2B or 3B or in the OF (Juan Lagares). 

You cant hide a Poor defensive left fielder anywhere except first- and that's if he can play first. 

Grab a pitcher, our stock is pretty bare right now. If he pans out- you can trade a SP later for a hitter. 

Or or you know, find hitters from rounds 2-10.