November 23, 201510 yr Author What the fuck! How can this be possible? He was one of the only things that made Marlins baseball watchable on TV.
November 23, 201510 yr Author That's terrible, I feel awful for Tommy unless he wanted to go and it sure doesn't seem that way from how Jackson phrased it.
November 23, 201510 yr Author That's terrible, I feel awful for Tommy unless he wanted to go and it sure doesn't seem that way from how Jackson phrased it. You need to get the story here.
November 23, 201510 yr Author What makes this move even worse is that they will probably replace him with Preston Wilson, which means that I will be forced to watch only away feeds.
November 23, 201510 yr Author I am disgusted, Tommy was awesome and easily the best part of the games
November 23, 201510 yr Author Oh My... So who's gonna replace him? Conine or Wilson? I'd rather Rich goes into Scully mode
November 23, 201510 yr What the hell!!? Him and Rich Waltz were a great combo. We riot unless Joe Angel is coming back.
November 23, 201510 yr If Samson had anything to do with this he's completely lost it and needs to resign. He's worse than Loria now!
November 23, 201510 yr Tommy works for FS Florida not Marlins, am I correct? Unless the Marlins influenced the firing.
November 23, 201510 yr btw ... Tommy was the only thing "Marlin" related that seemed like a true professional. I was watching Baseball with Tommy there...when he was absent it was a joke because Tommy made Rich sound legit. Rich kinda sucks anyhow.
November 23, 201510 yr Author I'm no longer looking forward to Opening Day (at this moment), when the game starts and Tommy isn't there its going to be infuriating and depressing.
November 23, 201510 yr Author I'm no longer looking forward to Opening Day (at this moment), when the game starts and Tommy isn't there its going to be infuriating and depressing. Agreed. Tommy was one of the only good things in the Marlins realm.
November 23, 201510 yr Author Hutton said the Marlins gave him no explanation. “All I got was we've made a decision to go in another direction,” he said. “They insisted it wasn't about budget. I was surprised and shocked the way it was handled given the fact it was two months into the offseason and a couple days before Thanksgiving.” Herald
November 23, 201510 yr Author “I am thankful to have worked 51 years in this game,” Hutton said. “I am thankful to have spent the last 19 doing Marlins baseball. “I am in no way thinking about retiring. I still love the game, still have passion, still have energy.” The Marlins declined to explain reasons for the decision. PJ Loyello, the team’s senior vice president/communications and broadcasting, said only: “It was a mutual decision between Fox and the ball club and we decided to go in a different direction.” Fox wouldn’t comment beyond this statement: “This was a joint decision with the Marlins to move forward with a new color analyst beginning next season. We thank Tommy for his calls and contributions over the years at FOX Sports Florida.” The team has not targeted a replacement for Hutton. A search will begin shortly. More from Herald
November 23, 201510 yr Author So this was the Marlins? Not FS Sports? Fuck them. EDIT. Wait--both parties. Fuck them both.
November 23, 201510 yr I think they have already been checked the replacement before this ugly thing.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.