Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tommy Hutton let go

Featured Replies

“All I got was, ‘We’ve made a decision to go in another direction,’ ” he said. “They insisted it wasn’t about budget. I was surprised and shocked the way it was handled given the fact it was two months into the offseason and a couple days before Thanksgiving.”

 

 

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article46131100.html#storylink=cpy

 

Really hate to see the players screwed but fuck this I want an empty stadium.  Cut off this fucker's money supply, burn his fucking art collection and rip his leg-humping midget tumor off his crotch and punt his ass into the fucking ocean

 

 

I went to the Heat game tonight.

 

It was so cool to watch a 1st class organization.

 

 

  • Author
This is depressing more than it is infuriating. Nothing can be done. Fuck. Tommy is the man. I can't believe I'll have to watch games w/out him. I hate this off season more than any in recent memory. Fuck this team.

 

New direction? What direction? If they bring a bilingual guy who does spanglish commentary I'm going to fucking RAGE.

 

100% not kidding. I have given up on FS Florida because of this. I'll be listening to Keith Hernandez and those assholes that the Nats have instead. Nice going, Loria!

 

 

Florida Marlins?!

 

[ATTACH]531[/ATTACH]

 

I mean...Deadspin is the poop streak in the toilet that is sports media, so no surprise there. 

 

 

I'm still so mad at this. Tommy has been there ever since I've been a Marlins fan and I honestly never thought this day would come. 

 

Everyone email samson. Maybe if enough of us show support for Tommy they'll reconsider.

 

 

Here's my email to Samson.

 

Mr. Samson, Me and every other Marlins fan who has dealt with this organization's ineptitude over the last twelve years are finally fed up. Tommy Hutton was a fan favorite and gave people a reason to watch games despite the terrible product on the field. Firing him just goes to show how out of touch upper managment truly is with its fan base. In an off-season where Fernandez trade rumors are swirling, Ozuna is already halfway out the door (you guys sure love to sell low!), and names such as Doug Fister and Aaron Harang are linked to the Marlins (goes to show how lacking your nonexistent analytics department is), you guys somehow managed to make fans dread the upcoming season even more. Honestly, I'm impressed. I never thought the day would come where I'd boycott the Marlins' broadcast but alas it has arrived. I guess I'll have to get used to watching the opposing team's broadcasts. If only Mattingly knew what he was getting into...

 

 

I suggest you season ticket holders (all 17 of you) write to Loria!

 

You think he cares ? Tommy would tell the truth, was blatantly & brutally honest at times. And it cost him, even though he muted his disgust at times.

 

This is the most unprofessional & dysfunctional sports team in professional sports and it's not even close.

 

Now for those of us that live here, we are forced to watch (probably) Preston Wilson, or turn on the radio and listen to a delay that makes listening to that and watching the TV a joke.

 

I just want to know, what is the end game for Loria & Samson ? Is it to drive every fan away ?

 

 

I really hope he gets a gig somewhere.

 

He will, and hopefully he lets it go and all the stories come out. But I would imagine that Loria has all employees sign some kind of disclosure clause in their contracts, because you know there is even more crap that is out there to hear, but we'll never hear it because of that.

 

 

This fucking blows.  Now that we can stream local games I will be watching other feeds as often as possible.  Just a retarded vengeful move.  This can't have anything to do with viewership or ratings.  How much more classless can this scum bag owner be?

 

Oh man, we can stream them ? I am on that for sure.....Loria is just the worst owner, and there is no one in professional sports that is even close.

 

 

What the hell is wrong with this organization

 

is this a trick question ?

 

 

Sorry guys, I can't get the scoop on what happened here. I tried but my usual people don't know what happened either 

 

Or they have been told not to say anything because they will be fired too.

 

 

I wish Arison would buy the fish

 

I've read he's approached Loria, but Loria is said to "enjoy" owning an MLB franchise.

 

He does ? Gives us an insight into his bedtime proclivities I guess.... S & M for sure.

 

 

i was thinking about cancelling it but i prob watched just as many non marlins games as marlins games last year

 

I work from home, so every Mon, Wed & Thurs afternoon I was watching games.....

 

 

I loved Tommy so much. Easily the most entertaining part of the broadcast. But damn guys, boycotting the team? Really? That's not gonna make an ounce of a difference. Write to Samson and FSN to make your opinions heard, I agree with that one. And if it is true that this was a spiteful Loria decision then yes #FuckLoria....

 

But I'll watch the Marlins till the day I die even if Fozzie Bear and miamibaseball were the commentators. I'll hope you guys are just very emotional right now, and rightfully so, but I won't stop watching because a commentator was changed.

 

 

Seriously, how the fuck did this happen?

 

Well you have the worst owner in sports, and his weasel midget ex-stepson, and they just don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.