Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tommy Hutton let go

Featured Replies

So Hutton has been the main analyst since 1997? He's as much of a Marlins institution as Conine is at that point, and Loria dumps him like a sack of dirt? Seriously, fuck Loria.

 

agree.  I realize he doesn't win a single game for the team, but just as part of the overall entertainment package of watching the Marlins, he's as identifiable as anyone in their history.  To be a Marlins fan we've had to sit through a lot of losing and a really good broadcast team can make that a little less painful to sit through.

 

 

Morons just keep demonstrating how tone death they are. Despise this front office. Loved Tommy, will miss him, made years of watching this sorry ass team tolerable and often entertaining. Had to vent. Dammit.

 

 

  • Author
agree.  I realize he doesn't win a single game for the team, but just as part of the overall entertainment package of watching the Marlins, he's as identifiable as anyone in their history.  To be a Marlins fan we've had to sit through a lot of losing and a really good broadcast team can make that a little less painful to sit through.

 

Samson always says that the Marlins are foremost an entertainment enterprise. Why fire one of the most successful components of that?

 

 

Ridiculous this franchise. And all seriousness they let tommy go but find a way to keep brad hand. Maybe tommy belongs in a culture of winning and therefore happily does not want to do this anymore. I'd be happy for him only if he is happy. Go to the royals or cardinals where you will be loved for speaking your mind and be loved by ownership 

 

 

Samson always says that the Marlins are foremost an entertainment enterprise. Why fire one of the most successful components of that?

 

I was gonna say this. Samson says we're entertainment often and he just killed a huge component of that entertainment.

 

 

My buddy (who is a Rays fan) and I used to always watch the fish because both of us loved listening to Tommy's rants and his blunt opinions.  Nothing was better than when he'd get fired up over something and Rich was just left holding the mic trying to calm him down.  Often, he was the ONLY source of entertainment for the dreck that has been on the field.  For my friend's 30th, as a gift I had printed off a picture of him and Rich in the booth and mailed it off to him to sign wishing my friend a happy birthday.  He not only promptly returned it but actually took it with him to the ballpark to have Rich sign it as well.  T Hut, we all know you will have no shortage of calls for color analyst gigs as you were one of the very best out there.  I only wish Loria and his pet pug Samson would come to their senses and realize that if anything, he deserved a pay raise for having to watch and act enthused about the dumpster fire of an organization they have assembled. 

 

 

At what point is the plan to alienate the franchise enough to disband it? 

 

Expo's part 2...maybe it was a manipulation that was always planned.

 

I mean trade away Fernandez and Dee...let Stanton just walk away...and what's left?

 

For those who ask, "why did they get the stadium built?" The stadium can always be sold back to the city and/or eventually turned into a soccer stadium.

 

 

Samson always says that the Marlins are foremost an entertainment enterprise. Why fire one of the most successful components of that?

 

Because in reality the Marlins are foremost a dumpster fire.

 

 

  • Author
Tommy is the kind of guy who should only have been done when HE felt he was done and he didn't seem anywhere close to done. Forcing out a great is so wrong.

 

I mean, he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye on the air.

 

 

I guess Tommy wasn't a top-10 broadcaster

 

Does this mean they're trying to hire a top-10 broadcaster? This would be so moronic, yet so Marlins.

 

 

Tommy is the kind of guy who should only have been done when HE felt he was done and he didn't seem anywhere close to done. Forcing out a great is so wrong.

 

great post. Absolutely. (asshole) 

 

 

Maybe Loria decided it was time that we played musical chairs with TV analysts, like we do with managers.

 

 

I'm sad with you guys. I gotta be honest I don't have sympathy for the very rich all that much but man I can see Stanton wanting to leave here very soon.

 

 

Lmao come on Vince, Stanton doesn't listen to commentators when he's out on the field, he doesn't care about this. 

 

He could be friends with the guy. Tommy is very personable. Seriously man, this franchise is dog shit.

 

 

He could be friends with the guy. Tommy is very personable. Seriously man, this franchise is dog shit.

 

dog shit might be too kind - chickenshit?  pigshit?  (no, bacon is too amazing) 

 

does a paramecium shit?

 

 

Tommy leaving NOW tells me loria knows this team is shit and would can him now cause he knows tommy would talk shit on the air next year.

 

 

I know this isn't grounds for an owner losing his team, obviously, but what does Loria have to do to have this team removed from his ownership?  I would love if he was forced to sell and took a loss on the franchise.  This guy has single handedly ripped baseball to shreds in south Florida.  I'm as big a fan of this team as there is, unfortunately at times, but this guy has almost ruined my caring ablut baseball.  This team is not fun to be a fan of. 

 

DON'T FORGET THE MONTREAL EXPOS....!

 

 

I still cant believe Tommy is gone. Watching Marlins games will not be the same 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.