MLB the Show 16

Furious though at how my digital download was handled though. This is the first time I've done a digital download preorder and I was happy to hear that you could preload the game a day or two before. So I had it set to auto download and on Sunday it downloaded and it said it was complete. Then it said I could play at midnight last night. So I made the effort to stay up late to at least be able to squeeze in an hour or so of the game, something I never really do anymore but I thought what the hell let's take advantage of the opportunity and do it. The clock strikes midnight and it said the game is ready to play so I start it up and BAM there's a 3-4 hour download that needs to install first. I was livid so I did a quick search online because I know the game preloaded on Sunday afternoon. Turns out what was downloaded Sunday was not the full game but there is/was a way for me to go into the file on Sunday and request the rest of the file to finish installing. Yeah it's just one more night to have to wait and I'm not losing sleep over it but I think I have a reason to be frustrated because when I checked Sunday it said everything was complete and installed... why was I not told there was more installation pending and why was I not directed to the rest of the file to at least have the option to go ahead and finish the installation before midnight last night? Besides, once I have it set to auto download and am told I can play at midnight on the 29th, why wouldn't it fully download and truly allow me to play at midnight?

Whatever, I'll play today but that sucked.

Saw your post on OS, yeah I'll never go digital, every game same issue.

Oh cool, didn't know you were on there. I rarely post there, I just lurk on there when The Show comes out for information, tips, pics, videos, etc. I just had to post last night though because I was pissed and looking for both answers, and to vent. I'd like to think I won't have those issues anymore if I can learn how to fully download the file before the release date. I dunno, digital seems pretty convenient to me with the way my life is now, hopefully I'll learn from this one.

I've gotten The Show every year since 08 but the last few years I've just played less and less due to "life." This year I'm making it a point to enjoy it more thoroughly. I'm going head first into Franchise mode (2 separate ones with two separate teams) and will dabble in RTTS here and there. While I wait for all the Franchise stuff to be setup I've got a couple short 14 game season ideas I'll have some fun with and I have a whole planned out "spring training schedule" where I play about 20 games with a variety of teams to set my options, get used to the controls, get my timing back, as well as play with teams and key players that I would never play with regularly. I've actually done research for one of my franchises and I'm ready to tackle it head on. I can't wait.

I been playing the Show since 99 when Cal Ripken was on the cover. This is one of the years that I actually wasn't as hyped about the show. I remember being super hyped last year and the year prior. I mainly just play the season but I will be playing The Franchise this year along with Road to the show more.

I always buy the physical copy of the game so I can resell the game later on after the season ends If I want to.

I been playing the Show since 99 when Cal Ripken was on the cover. This is one of the years that I actually wasn't as hyped about the show. I remember being super hyped last year and the year prior. I mainly just play the season but I will be playing The Franchise this year along with Road to the show more.

I always buy the physical copy of the game so I can resell the game later on after the season ends If I want to.

In a way, Im not anymore hyped this year about the game itself than ever... I'm more hyped by my own desire to invest more time into it and from there I'm hyped about the things Ill do than in the game itself.

I used to love playing video games. Now there is either no time or when I have time I want to sleep. 

Agreed, back when I was at school and university I'd be on my Playstation every day but nowadays I'm lucky if I put on my PS4 for games 2-3 times a week and probably only for like an hour at a time.