Rotation officially announced

Admin

Conley at #3 is a bit surprising. Koehler has been a fixture in the rotation for three years now. I would've thought seniority would've gotten him that third spot (although the decision is more likely putting the lefty in the middle of all righties). I like Conley and really wish the best. I'm not sure what we'll get back he's worked his ass off to get to this point and has had the lowest of lows and highest of highs in the minors. Definitely a pitcher to root for.

Everyone here dislikes Cosart but I think he's going to have a good year. I think the coaches worked with him on his shitty fastball and are helping him learn how to use that high velocity fastball correctly. 

This post can be quoted in May when he gets sent to AAA. 

He's gotta throw 80% fastballs because he only has 2 pitches tho

I think you meant to quote me [uSER=5078]@pollyvonwog[/uSER] lol. But that means he has to be spot on with his stuff, otherwise hitters will just sit on the fastball. Granted you might pull a Bortolo Colon in his prime and just get away with that crap. Nieves helping him wit that cutter has helped a lot. Just looking at his starts especially the one against the Mets in Spring Training was real nice.

He's gotta throw 80% fastballs because he only has 2 pitches tho

Like we discussed in a post a few days back. I think Benedict and the coaches are teaching him variations of his fastball to where he may end up with something like a 4 seamer, a cutter, and his breaking ball. That would be technically throwing three pitches. Which is a huge improvement on last season. Also you can't sit on a straight fastball every time if it could be a cut fastball coming in.