Seems weird that now they're trying to get every team's home opener into the first week. That's the reason we have Friday off because there were home openers Sunday Monday Tuesday and Thursday, I wouldn't doubt if there were some Wednesday as well. That's also why so many teams started with odd two game home stands like we did. It used to be you had a regular first week starting on a Monday or Tuesday and some teams had to just wait until the second week of the season to have their home opener. Remember 2012 we had our opener, then the Reds opener in Cincy and then the following Monday a different team I think it was the Phillies opener. Now they squeeze so much crap together it makes odd scheduling.

Sent from my HTC One using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

Things to know about this game

• Koehler struggled against Washington last season, with a 5.33 ERA in four starts.

• The 12 home runs Koehler has given up to Washington are twice as many as he has allowed to any other team. The righty's toughest Washington nemesis has been Bryce Harper, who has homered five times in 26 plate appearances against Koehler, including three times last May 6. Jayson Werth and Ryan Zimmerman have gone deep off Koehler two times apiece.

• Saturday will mark Ross' first start against the Marlins. He faced Miami twice in relief last year, ceding two hits and no runs in 1 2/3 innings.

• With his first-inning single Thursday, Marlins left fielder Christian Yelich has hit safely in six straight games at Nationals Park.

Because yesterday was Nats home opener, had to leave today open if it got rained out

Stupid northeast teams with no roofs. What's their deal anyway. They should be screwed to not have their home opener if they get bad weather. In fact they should move them here when they can't play. Fuckers denying us a game. Screw the northeast teams. I hope we blow them out just for this bullshit.

Guest Vince0926

Opening week should be designed for those that are south and or have a dome. March 31, 2003 we opened vs the Phillies in Miami and April 1 we had off. Go figure!

Well, we have a roof and had an Opening Day rain delay, so maybe having a ballpark with a roof has no real effect on precipitation making its way to the field.

True, but we did eventually play that day. Plus that roof should have never been open in the first place. Everybody was saying since before the game started the roof should be closed because the clouds were already forming.