2016 Playoffs

Admin

Buck Showalter fucked up big time in that game when he was using his relief pitchers.

This is why I think it's idiotic when people say that managers "don't matter." They have a lot of control over how you use your players when in high leverage situations. Showalter completely fucked up by saving his better pitchers until they got a lead.

The idea of Mattingly managing a playoff game sends chills down my spine.

Buck Showalter fucked up big time in that game when he was using his relief pitchers.

This is why I think it's idiotic when people say that managers "don't matter." They have a lot of control over how you use your players when in high leverage situations. Showalter completely fucked up by saving his better pitchers until they got a lead.

The idea of Mattingly managing a playoff game sends chills down my spine.

It was weird because Showalter is considered to be one of the best. Further proof that they're mostly all the same with the exception of a few.

At least Mets fans having the comfort of knowing that Familia gave up the game and they didn't get Showaltered.

Seriously, managers don't make or break the outcome of a 162 game season, but they can have tremendous impact in high leverage situations.

I dread the day when the Marlins have to play a game 7 or even WC play-in game under Mattingly.

At least Mets fans having the comfort of knowing that Familia gave up the game and they didn't get Showaltered.

Seriously, managers don't make or break the outcome of a 162 game season, but they can have tremendous impact in high leverage situations.

I dread the day when the Marlins have to play a game 7 or even WC play-in game under Mattingly.

Up by a run, bases loaded, 9th inning?

BRING IN RODNEY!

"He's not on the team anymore."

Oh, hold on.

*paperwork paperwork paperwork*

BRING IN RODNEY!

"Aw fuck."

Russell Martin (pinkie) is in the Blue Jays' lineup for Game 1 of the ALDS on Thursday against the Rangers.

Martin required stitches after he sliced his left pinkie while celebrating Tuesday night's Wild Card Game victory over the Orioles, but he is starting at catcher and batting fifth on Thursday in Texas. "He’s all right," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "He’s a hockey player, man."

John Gibbons should be fired immediately, he doesn't even know what sport this is