The remaining pitchers

Admin

Marlins should stay away from Nova. 64 decent innings down the stretch with the pirates doesn't make him good. Saw a lot of the Yankee games this season were he was starting. Terrible stuff. Especially the fastball. Mediocre K/9 rate. Another Tom Koehler at best. Would hate to see the Marlins buy high on him and be stuck with his contract for years to come.

I love Phelps and what he provides for us. But we've seen year after year that you can never have enough depth. I don't want to rely on Phelps. I want Phelps to be a backup option along with Nicolino, Urena, Esch and whoever else. I want something more significant before Phelps. Opening the season with Phelps in the rotation is probably not the best scenario.

I would actually be more interested in a guy we were rumored to have interest in before...Travis Wood. I think he'd be good for depth. Has experience starting and is very good out of the pen. We could even get creative and do what the Indians did. Limit our starters to two times through the order and use Phelps/Wood for multiple innings out of the pen. 

I'm gonna text Mike Hill this now to let him know. 

If we couldn't trade for an ace,than we have no choice and need to go all in to sign HILL !!!

This logic is how teams find themselves in last place.  You don't throw money at an unsure thing if a sure thing falls through and expect the same result.  Hill does not deserve Ace money but I am afraid he will get Ace money.  I just hope it isn't from the Marlins

This logic is how teams find themselves in last place.  You don't throw money at an unsure thing if a sure thing falls through and expect the same result.  Hill does not deserve Ace money and I am afraid he will get Ace money.  I just hope it isn't from the Marlins

id have no problem with a 2/40 deal for Hill fom the marlins