Star Wars: Rogue One

AeroFishOne

Loved it. It blew me away. I had low expectations that they would kill it by overdoing these movies (maybe that day is still to come) but it was amazing. Loved the connections to ep.4 and seeing Vader actually show why he was so feared. Also, they didn't "need" to include as many fan-friendly details as they did but they did it, and did it well, and it all worked so smoothly. I already saw it twice (because of some unexpected family situation) and I only have one nitpick but that's it. Also, you said it feels like Star Wars but I think it some points it doesn't or at least it strays away from Star Wars enough without getting too far away from it, and that's one of the strengths of the movie, hopefully that makes sense.

Loved it. It blew me away. I had low expectations that they would kill it by overdoing these movies (maybe that day is still to come) but it was amazing. Loved the connections to ep.4 and seeing Vader actually show why he was so feared. Also, they didn't "need" to include as many fan-friendly details as they did but they did it, and did it well, and it all worked so smoothly. I already saw it twice (because of some unexpected family situation) and I only have one nitpick but that's it. Also, you said it feels like Star Wars but I think it some points it doesn't or at least it strays away from Star Wars enough without getting too far away from it, and that's one of the strengths of the movie, hopefully that makes sense.

I get what your saying. To me, many of the storytelling tricks and stuff is differen but the world felt like Star Wars. I loved how the empire was portrayed in this movie.

Have movie tickets gotten that expensive? I haven't gone to the theater since war of the worlds

9-12 bucks here for a standard 2d showing which is what I do. Probably more if u go on a Friday or Saturday night but I purposely avoid those times the way women avoid you. 3d, iMac, etc etc showings are way higher, closer to twenty bucks or more. Tickets are definitely high but I can't stand how prices fluctuate for the exact same movie just based on things like 2d or 3d or worse being the showtime itself. It's still the same movie. I'm fine waiting months to see a movie for less than 5 bucks when it comes out on on demand or something and now only go to the movies when it's a movie I really don't mind spending money on to see it right away and for the experience of it with my family. Gone are the days when I'd be at the theater almost weekly with my buddies or a girl because it was relatively cheap. While I'm sure people still do it I can't imagine how anyone does the weekly movie thing anymore as far the money part of it.

Last Christmas I told myself I was going to watch the entire Star Wars series. Still haven't done it yet. Maybe this year is the time. What's the proper order to watch them?

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

That's tricky to answer. Many will tell you watch them chronologically so you get the story from point a to z but since they were made out of order some would tell you watching them out of order has its benefits as some things in the story are best told "backwards." So I know I didn't even give u a true answer but it's not very straightforward.

Im looking forward to watching 1-7 now with Rogue One. I feel like it would perfectly show the evolution for the empire at the end of Revenge of The Sith to A New Hope. 

Im also hoping the Han Solo movie will addd to this even though I don't think the Empire will have a major role in the story. I imagine we will see more of the criminal underworld and have the empire in the background as organization in he background. The Han Solo movie is the one I'm actually concerned about. I think it's a bigger risk then rogue one, especially since your recasting a loved character.

The Han Solo movie is the one I'm actually concerned about. I think it's a bigger risk then rogue one, especially since your recasting a loved character.

That and it's probably so disconnected from the main storylines which Rogue One could have been but was able to intertwine itself so well that it worked. The Han Solo one still has a chance to be a disaster.

Today was opening day of this movie in South Korea. I heard the news Carrie Fisher was dead, then I watched this. How can you forget about the first scene of ep 4. New Hope as a Star Wars fan?

It will be one of my perfect prequel movie. Rest in Peace Princess Leia and,

May the force be with her.