Jeter/Sherman still short by 150 million

SonOfJack

I know it was long ago, but try to remember passed the headlines. Actually, go fresh yourself on what happened. 

I'm fully aware of what happened.

Don't think for a minute MLB will let Loria declare bankruptcy if Jeter/Sherman don't meet the requirements set by the McCourt situation largely (the Wilpons should have been forced to sell but they were buddy/buddy with Selig).  

They do NOT want another McCourt situation, allowing Jeter/Sherman to buy the team without the necessary cash and failure to maintain the debt structures will not be tolerated.  

I always thought it was curious how they found 400 million in a week or two (after trying and failing for 6 months), so I guess it makes more sense that they never really did find all the cash they needed to in order to meet the purchase price.  

I'm fully aware of what happened.

Don't think for a minute MLB will let Loria declare bankruptcy if Jeter/Sherman don't meet the requirements set by the McCourt situation largely (the Wilpons should have been forced to sell but they were buddy/buddy with Selig).  

They do NOT want another McCourt situation, allowing Jeter/Sherman to buy the team without the necessary cash and failure to maintain the debt structures will not be tolerated.  

I always thought it was curious how they found 400 million in a week or two (after trying and failing for 6 months), so I guess it makes more sense that they never really did find all the cash they needed to in order to meet the purchase price.  

Exactly. MLB won't let it happen...