Rule 5 Draft

Admin

A team that is rebuilding can afford to do this. Can stash him on the roster for the year. He becomes organizational property after 2018 if he stays on the roster all season. He gets to work with a MLB pitching coach and get some limited action at the big league level at a minimum. Can get in work in side sessions otherwise. Learn from the "best".

"The best".  That is terrific. Wasn't it on this board just recently there was a debate regarding the importance of a pitching coach when Hickey and Maddux were available?

A team that is rebuilding can afford to do this. Can stash him on the roster for the year. He becomes organizational property after 2018 if he stays on the roster all season. He gets to work with a MLB pitching coach and get some limited action at the big league level at a minimum. Can get in work in side sessions otherwise. Learn from the "best".

i get that, just saying he's likely gonna be a wasted roster spot all year and will likely not be close to mlb ready yet.  i like it though, and i especially like that we are using all these picks and trying to get talent and depth into the organization in any way possible.

i get that, just saying he's likely gonna be a wasted roster spot all year and will likely not be close to mlb ready yet.  i like it though, and i especially like that we are using all these picks and trying to get talent and depth into the organization in any way possible.

The entire team won't be close to MLB ready, so one more guy that fits that description shouldn't be a problem.