Jeter hates HR sculpture and it may be going

SonOfJack

the sculpture is government property and part of an art program required for all county buildings in Miami-Dade.

It “was designed specifically for this project and location, and is permanently installed. It is not moveable.”

Same issue as when this issue first came up last summer. It's not just a matter of Jeter asking for it to be removed. There may be "a way" but it might have to be replaced with public art of equal value or some other deal like that. We shall see. 

If it does eventually get removed it will be a pretty huge symbol of the change in ownership. Hopefully for the better. 

Same issue as when this issue first came up last summer. It's not just a matter of Jeter asking for it to be removed. There may be "de wey" but it might have to be replaced with public art of equal value or some other deal like that. We shall see. 

If it does eventually get removed it will be a pretty huge symbol of the change in ownership. Hopefully for the better. 

i_know_de_wey_broddas__render__by_nintega_dario-dbzbzyl.png&key=6bfcfc176aae8710b5544f3715dddaa1378b0a4ee3dfff27d9114be3e066322d

Buster Olney wonders if the cost to get the sculpture removed would be greater than what they saved in firing Conine McKeon Dawson and Perez. 

Buster olney is such a biased gas bag.  Those 2 are completely different topics.  Do people actually care that we let go of those guys?  Im cool with getting rid of everyone involved in the previous era.  Doesnt mean you cant appreciate what guys like Conine and McKeon did for the organization, but that doesnt mean you are indebted to them permanently to give them a job no matter how little they are actually doing.

Buster olney is such a biased gas bag.  Those 2 are completely different topics.  Do people actually care that we let go of those guys?  Im cool with getting rid of everyone involved in the previous era.  Doesnt mean you cant appreciate what guys like Conine and McKeon did for the organization, but that doesnt mean you are indebted to them permanently to give them a job no matter how little they are actually doing.

I don't agree with him (if he's serious) but it was "funny" as a joke post... I mean come on, the joke narrative is Jeter is saving money left and right including cutting 4 legends off the payroll and suddenly he wants to pay big bucks to get a meaningless sculpture removed? I laughed, sue me. 

It's silly to say that Jeter is about saving money left and right when it's starting to become very possible that he doesn't give the team the full rebuild that it desperately needs.

I'm still concerned that they will have Starlin Castro on the roster on opening day. The salary that they pay him until the deadline could easily fund the dismantling of that hideous Loria monument.

The salary isnt really meaningful at this point after we've dropped Dee, Ozuna, and Stanton and managed not to have to pay them a dollar next year.  It's about getting the best package for him at this point, so if the slow offseason is hindering his market, im cool with keeing him if they think he will get a better package of guys at the deadline.  I still think they end up dealing him around spring training after everyone has already signed.

The slowness (probably poor word choice) of this offseason is absolutely insane and seems to be really hurting lower level free agents as well as trade candidates.  I remember where i was last year when we acquired straily around this time last year and I remember thinking how late in the offseason that it happened.  We could possibly still trade all of Yelich, JT, Bour, Straily, Barraclough, Castro, etc the rest of this offseason.

I think uniforms will change eventually but they're, number 1, not a top of the list priority and, number 2, that process takes way longer than most people realize and, unless they've secretly been working on that for months already, that probably doesn't happen until the 2020 season at the earliest.

Uniform changes need to be approved by May of the previous season and that's leaving out the long process of actually designing the new ones. 

Also, I sense that whether Jeter likes the current uniforms or not won't be the reason he changes them. He'll change them as a way of putting his own stamp on their look. Just changing things to be his way seems to be high on Jeter's agenda. 

I think uniforms will change eventually but they're, number 1, not a top of the list priority and, number 2, that process takes way longer than most people realize and, unless they've secretly been working on that for months already, that probably doesn't happen until the 2020 season at the earliest.

Uniform changes need to be approved by May of the previous season and that's leaving out the long process of actually designing the new ones. 

Also, I sense that whether Jeter likes the current uniforms or not won't be the reason he changes them. He'll change them as a way of putting his own stamp on their look. Just changing things to be his way seems to be high on Jeter's agenda. 

They will probably be changing in 2019, tbh.  

What's wrong with our current jerseys?  I dont mind them.  Im sure we could do better, but that's very far down the list of things wrong with the franchise.  The white and the black ones are nice.  As long as we never wear the orange im good with the uniforms.

Although now that I think of it a complete and total shift in appearance probably would be a good way to rebrand the team.  I also dont mind the sculpture at this point either so perhaps i just have terrible aesthetics awareness.

What's wrong with our current jerseys?  I dont mind them.  Im sure we could do better, but that's very far down the list of things wrong with the franchise.  The white and the black ones are nice.  As long as we never wear the orange im good with the uniforms.

Although now that I think of it a complete and total shift in appearance probably would be a good way to rebrand the team.  I also dont mind the sculpture at this point either so perhaps i just have terrible aesthetics awareness.

Many don't like our current jerseys, I don't mind them, but as I said before liking them or not isn't the question. Jeter will change them because he wants the team to have "his" jersey aka something he actually had a hand in creating. 

Many don't like our current jerseys, I don't mind them, but as I said before liking them or not isn't the question. Jeter will change them because he wants the team to have "his" jersey aka something he actually had a hand in creating. 

I don't mind them either but they need a tweak here and there. but who knows he might go for a complete over haul.

@Das Texan is right it might happen in 2019 when UA takes over

I also dont mind the sculpture at this point either so perhaps i just have terrible aesthetics awareness.

I’ve never said this to you before, but, I totally agree with this post.