Marlins to unveil 25th anniversary logo

Admin

This 25th anniversary logo and whatever they'll do throughout the season to honor it is one of those trivial and meaningless things that can actually become nice "fan service" things that win over certain fans. 

We may lose 100 games this year but have a few games wearing full 1993 throwback jerseys and watch how suddenly the really old school Marlins fans start showing up again, even if it doesn't really make a serious dent in the attendance numbers. 

This is another test for Jeter albeit of a whole different type. Excited for Tuesday now. 

This 25th anniversary logo and whatever they'll do throughout the season to honor it is one of those trivial and meaningless things that can actually become nice "fan service" things that win over certain fans. 

We may lose 100 games this year but have a few games wearing full 1993 throwback jerseys and watch how suddenly the really old school Marlins fans start showing up again, even if it doesn't really make a serious dent in the attendance numbers. 

This is another test for Jeter albeit of a whole different type. Excited for Tuesday now. 

id be willing to guarantee that trotting out the same team we will every night this year, just being in 1993 throwback jerseys, would have absolutely 0 effect on attendance. 

You missed my point. 

i didnt.  I know this market over a multitude of sports and know that shit like that means nothing.  Ive had heat season tickets for going on like 14-15 years at this point, had dolphins season tickets for nearly a decade going to like 2004 or something like that, among other ticket packages with the marlins and panthers as well, and i can tell you from first hand experience that this franchise will not have any type of attendance impact until they actually start to win consistently.

i can tell you from first hand experience that this franchise will not have any type of attendance impact until they actually start to win consistently.

Like I said, you missed my point. I said that this 25th anniversary stuff, if done right, would be nice fan service appreciated by some but that it would NOT make a dent in attendance. 

So your saying that Marlins fans care nothing about their history and wouldn’t get a chub for the original uniforms and other history things?

The very first thing Marlins fans said when the ownership switch took place was bring back the old uniforms and the teal. That was said first before even saying bring a winning team back.