Rays sign new TV Deal

THRILLHO

This is a huge number for them. It's somewhat promising for the Marlins, but from what I understand, the Rays have better ratings. Possibly more than double the number of viewing households, if I understand the numbers correctly.

Didnt know their numbers were so much better than ours if its true.  Still good news for the marlins nonetheless, but that news to me further shows how much the rays need a new stadium in the actual tampa area and not in st. pete or at the very least an actual modern ballpark in the st. pete region.

I think the household numbers for both teams are similar.   It wasn’t always this way but starting about ten years ago fox sports FL and sun sports each had a team and both teams are broadcast statewide.  At least I think they are.  I’ve lived in three different counties along the Atlantic Coast as far south as Dade and on each county I got rays and marlins only difference is that mlb.tv blacks out the marlins because i live in their territory.  In short I believe those rays numbers are driven by the fact the whole state can see them.  It should be the same for the marlins so I suspect this deal once finalized is the floor for the marlins next deal 

Looks like Marlins TV ratings have been on the decline, probably due to people being frustrated by the direction of the franchise. Ratings dropped 30% from 2016 to 2017.

I understand that a little given that we were kind of OK in 2016 and Jose wasnt around in 2017, but surprised Stanton's year didnt make those numbers closer.  Maybe has something to do with Stanton's best month coming in August when we were completely out of it essentially. 

Didnt know their numbers were so much better than ours if its true.  Still good news for the marlins nonetheless, but that news to me further shows how much the rays need a new stadium in the actual tampa area and not in st. pete or at the very least an actual modern ballpark in the st. pete region.

This is such a crock of shit - anyone who lives in the Tampa Bay area (whether you're on the Tampa or St. Pete side of the bay) is a moron if they think it's some horrendous measure to get to the ballpark. That ballpark is literally the easiest park to get to/from from anywhere in the bay area.  There's virtually no traffic going towards the games in the evening because rush hour is headed the opposite way. You see the stadium and take the exit and boom, you're there. 

The stadium itself is an eyesore but in terms of location I'd gladly go there versus a downtown Tampa site.  Plus, downtown St. Pete is WAAAAAAY more entertaining and filled with culture compared to Tampa which is an utter shithole.  I lived in the Tampa Bay area for 25 years and people just like having an excuse why they aren't going.  Same shit as with the Marlins stadium when all the people liked blaming it on Joe Robbie/Sun Life or whatever the eff it was last called. 

This is such a crock of shit - anyone who lives in the Tampa Bay area (whether you're on the Tampa or St. Pete side of the bay) is a moron if they think it's some horrendous measure to get to the ballpark. That ballpark is literally the easiest park to get to/from from anywhere in the bay area.  There's virtually no traffic going towards the games in the evening because rush hour is headed the opposite way. You see the stadium and take the exit and boom, you're there. 

The stadium itself is an eyesore but in terms of location I'd gladly go there versus a downtown Tampa site.  Plus, downtown St. Pete is WAAAAAAY more entertaining and filled with culture compared to Tampa which is an utter shithole.  I lived in the Tampa Bay area for 25 years and people just like having an excuse why they aren't going.  Same shit as with the Marlins stadium when all the people liked blaming it on Joe Robbie/Sun Life or whatever the eff it was last called. 

Ill take you word on Tampa Bay v. St. Pete because i was going based on what people have told me, but Hardrock Stadium was a terrible site for the marlins.  The only positive about it was its proximity to people in BOTH dade and Broward as it was essentially in the middle, but the stadium sucked, there was nothing to do in or around the stadium, and if you ever went to a day game theres a 50/50 shot you got heat stroke.

Which is funny because Stanton's August actually kept us in the race, definitely weren't completely out of it then. 

I mean I guess we technically got back into it and i was hoping we could keep that up when we had that winning streak towards the end of august but there was really no true hope of us making the playoffs.

Standing ovation.  You nailed it on all fronts 

are the new guys gonna do any spring games ever or are we gonna keep getting other teams announcers?

Full schedule below for Fox Sports Florida:

Date: Friday, Feb. 23, 2018 at 1 p.m.

Game: Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals

Details: FOX Sports Midwest broadcast

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 1 p.m.

Game: Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals

Details: FOX Sports Midwest broadcast

Date: Friday, March 16, 2018 at 1 p.m.

Game:  Miami Marlins vs. St. Louis Cardinals

Details: FOX Sports Florida / FOX Sports Midwest shared broadcast

Date: Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 1 p.m.

Game: Miami Marlins vs. New York Yankees

Details: YES Network broadcast

Date: Friday, March 23, 2018 at 7 p.m.

Game: Miami Marlins vs. Washington Nationals

Details: FOX Sports Florida broadcast

Date: Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 1 p.m.

Game: Miami Marlins vs. Houston Astros

Details: FOX Sports Florida broadcast

Holly is doing the game on 3/16. And it appears Severino and Holly will both work the 3/23 and 3/25 games.