25 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the game

• Chad Wallach
    • Dillon Peters
    • Starlin Castro
    • Brian Anderson
    • Other

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I was super excited about all the off-season moves and was so looking forward to the start of this season. I am more impressed than I thought I would be with this young team. Lots of grit - they fight back, and I love it!  How much better could Dillon have been today....put up zeros.....no matter how ugly it may have looked, it can't be any more "consistent" than that.  Outstanding series for almost everyone...Bour?  Care to join in at some point? ?  The team has me so enthralled that I had to order NESN so I can see the next two games!  (Local New England blackout against the Red Sux on MLB TV). I hope beyond hope that the team continues to play like this all year. 

this is literally game 4. let's slow down a little bit. We still haven't shown much in the power department. We have shown a patient approach and an ability to avoid strikeouts. The two wins are nice, but for me the exciting this is we were only outscored by a single run. That is an encouraging stat.

and we won't.

Bour, Castro, and Realmuto should have power. Brinson, Anderson, and Cooper, have all showed plus power in the minor leagues. Dietrich appears to have changed his approach that might result in more power. I'm fairly confident in the first 6 players. semi-confident in Dietrich.

Yea the lack of power and the holes in the offense are clearly the biggest issues at this point. Arguably could have swept the series with a little bit of extra pop in the lineup. And of course can't depend on the pitching to be this good the rest of the season. The first four games kinda showed us a best case scenario where we keep up with the opposition and the pitching holds the opponent down just long enough for a small bit of offense to be enough but it's still gonna be a long season. When the pitching caves we won't have the offense to keep up with the heavy hitters. And that's ok and understood too. Still love that the team is showing resiliency and we can definitely win our share of games with this heart. 

Yea the lack of power and the holes in the offense are clearly the biggest issues at this point. Arguably could have swept the series with a little bit of extra pop in the lineup. And of course can't depend on the pitching to be this good the rest of the season. The first four games kinda showed us a best case scenario where we keep up with the opposition and the pitching holds the opponent down just long enough for a small bit of offense to be enough but it's still gonna be a long season. When the pitching caves we won't have the offense to keep up with the heavy hitters. And that's ok and understood too. Still love that the team is showing resiliency and we can definitely win our share of games with this heart. 

I mean I think this team could sustain a team ERA in the low 4's. This series we had an ERA in the high 3's. I don't think this series is unsustainable.

4.5 - 5.

so we are talking a half run difference in ERA. not a massive jump. I think it's within the realm of possibility. If the Power comes, we might be way better than expected. I'm going to try to contain my excitement from this first series. If Trevor Richards dominates the Red Sox tomorrow, I doubt I will be able to contain my excitement. 

A whole lot closer to a 5 ERA than 4. Where this staff is going to get really hammered is on the road. I think they'll keep it fairly respectable at home.

Nice to experience a feel good series out of the gate, notwithstanding Urena's blowup. Didn't roll over like the Reds and

Padres. Encouraging to see Smith and Peters have good opening starts

Attendance well on the way to being nip and tuck to break 1M. 

It it sure sounded like a lot of those were Cubs fans too.

Definitely. Loaded with Cubs fans and it's Opening weekend so you'd imagine this is a larger crowd than a typical Sunday home game. Get ready for the crowds on a random Sunday in the middle of June against the Reds or Padres or Brewers. 

And they said the team will announce attendance numbers that are more true than the Loria regime did. Apparently they're only counting paid fans who show up if I read it correctly. If I'm not mistaken in previous years they announced free tickets and season ticket holders even if they didn't attend.