4/10 Post Game

canada-marlin24

Brinson killed it in ST so they absolutely had to keep him up.  They may have to send him down soon, though, to get his confidence back.

As for those of you who say you "don't care about losses", I'm a season ticket holder so I do care about how the team does on the field.  And last night reminded me of last year - just implosion by the bullpen.

Brinson clearly looks overmatched. When Cooper comes back from the DL that should be a good time to send him down with Cooper taking RF and Maybin getting CF. Teams are also gonna expose Dietrich all day wit his arm and lack of range. I said it in the game thread but you are going to see a lot of 1st to home when his out there. We need the offense right now before anything else but I would much rather have him play the infield later and go back to utility.

Anderson has missed a couple balls off the glove which have turned into runs. I won't be upset becaues he has also helped solidify some games with the bat and has been the most cosistent Marlin right now. It will be a couple more weeks before we see JT and Strailiy.

Also Elisier got delayed again. The nail of the middle finger fell off and his rehab got delayed. The wisdom tooth also was infected thats why he was delayed with that.

Realmuto could be back in a week. At first I wanted to say it won't help too much but sometimes we really have been one hit away from those losses being wins. Having Realmuto in there and even just one of our other bats to show some life here and there (like Bour did yesterday) should make things interesting or at least less miserable.

Brinson killed it in ST so they absolutely had to keep him up.  They may have to send him down soon, though, to get his confidence back.

As for those of you who say you "don't care about losses", I'm a season ticket holder so I do care about how the team does on the field.  And last night reminded me of last year - just implosion by the bullpen.

He did, but it is spring training.  You never know what the opposition is up to.  This Greinke story has been floating around a while and I think it speaks to how much stock you can put into spring stats

http://www.12up.com/posts/6011790-zack-greinke-purposely-got-rocked-in-spring-game-to-troll-former-royals-pitching-coach

Yeah, it was ST and we can see with Brinson how big of a difference the lights being on can make.

But, he did kill it at ST.  There would have been no reasonable explanation for him to start the season in AAA while some scrub was manning CF for the Marlins.

Service time.  

Service time.  

Bingo. I don't know why the Marlins would give 3 shits about what the media and fans would say about Brinson being up or not. Not like it matters when attendance obviously is horrendous right now. We are planning for the future but that move was clearly not one of them. They can still make it right by sending him down and allowing him to do better again. Clearly his swing is off, he isn't adjusting to breaking pitches nor being pitched inside.