Ken Rosenthal reports Marlins tidbits

My Astros didn't change their GM a couple of years into their rebuild is my point. The guy who started the process was able to complete the process.

I love you Silver but you have to be shitting me with this Astro's thing!  Are you the new Das Texan?  I hope this is just for shits and giggles.  If not, you were one of the biggest proponents of this rebuild.  You went out of your way to defend everything Jeter and now you'll be back when the rebuild is complete?  I have a lot of respect for your opinions even when they differ from mine.  Please tell me this is a joke my friend.

I love you Silver but you have to be shitting me with this Astro's thing!  Are you the new Das Texan?  I hope this is just for shits and giggles.  If not, you were one of the biggest proponents of this rebuild.  You went out of your way to defend everything Jeter and now you'll be back when the rebuild is complete?  I have a lot of respect for your opinions even when they differ from mine.  Please tell me this is a joke my friend.

I've been told that I blindly support Jeter, that I'm the negativity police, that I'm a fake fan, and that I refuse to admit how inept this ownership is... might as well give up my optimism because the team is tanking and the rebuild has failed. Why not follow a great team in the meantime? 

I've been told that I blindly support Jeter, that I'm the negativity police, that I'm a fake fan, and that I refuse to admit how inept this ownership is... might as well give up my optimism because the team is tanking and the rebuild has failed. Why not follow a great team in the meantime? 

Just say #FuckEverybody #MarlinsLifer

Who cares what they say?  I'm no Jeter fan to be sure but it's way too early to judge this rebuild. 

Our pitching staff in the majors has alot of quality arms.  They might not all pan out but our pitching depth in the minors is legit too.  Look at then staff in Jupiter.  Some serious arms there.  Gallen is looking great in AAA and Neidert is hurt but had a great season in 18 at AA.  The Jax team has Sixto and Guzman. Even the Clinton team has a couple of live arms in Mejia, Vallimont and Soriano.

Hitting is way behind but Harrison, Diaz, Brinson, Mesa, Encanacion, Scott, Banfield and  Devers all have the tools to develop.  I'm sure I left a couple out.

FO is now spending on IFA which is huge.  Just have to see how they draft next month and which IFA they sign in July.

There's lots to be excited about.  You've come this far.  Don't let  what "they" say get you.

#FuckThey #FuckTheDoubters #JustFuck 

My Astros didn't change their GM a couple of years into their rebuild is my point. The guy who started the process was able to complete the process.

IIRC, the guy that facilitated the rebuild also wasn’t responsible for making irrational decisions that deemed a rebuild necessary. 

Two completely different situations as I mentioned, Mike Hill is likely a muppet. If you replace a muppet with a new muppet, the actual decision making process doesn’t change. 

Rosenthal said it, because they don't want to pay two managers at once. I know what you're saying but that may really be the sole reason. Also, has Mattingly really done that poorly considering the team he has? He hasn't really given a definitive reason to be fired and if he's still keeping the clubhouse together than he might be doing as well as he possibly can at this point.

As for Mike Hill, I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go but at the same time it would be weirder with each passing day. How do you let a GM go two seasons into a rebuild and then replace him? If they were gonna dump Hill they should have done it on day one so the new GM can help develop the rebuild in his way. Like what if a new guy comes in and doesn't like what he sees and wants to shake things up in a way that clashes with what has already been put together? It's counter productive and could even set us back yet again. Just something to think about.

I agree.  I said from the beginning they should've canned Hill at minimum in the GM role - if they wanted to keep him on as a guy that knew the system, fine, but they should've brought in another GM.  I guess Hill successfully argued that his hands were tied under Loria.

sounds like BS same excuses Michael Hill says about the team 

I'm having a hard time believing that even the media or casual fan would be upset with Michael Hill being fired. I can't think of a single positive trade he's done or a free agent signing that's worked out well for us in the last several years. Not a single person would come to his defense... honestly if they did I feel like it would be out of pity or to be like OK everyone relax he wasn't THAT bad. But yea, he truly was. Only excuse is that he is indeed a puppet, was before for Loria and Beinfest and continues to be now with Jeter / Denbo. I could see negative media/comments if we fired Mattingly though.

I can't think of a single positive trade he's done

Mike King for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith has looked good so far. Denbo had influence there I am sure, but he also had influence in all the deals since then.

Before anyone accuses me of defending Mike Hill, I am not. I think we need a new GM but he does not have a 100 percent failure rate.

I think we need a new GM but he does not have a 100 percent failure rate.

I wonder where Hill would stand if "GM failure rate" was actually something that could be calculated. I mean we can think of every bad trade but really there are very few GMs who aren't full of bad trades along the way. One could easily argue that the majority of trades don't pan out even for "good" GMs. 

While we are at it, the Ozuna deal may end up decent too. Sandy already has shown signs of being a good addition to the staff. Zac Gallen has been lighting up AAA and remains to be seen at the MLB level. Ozuna was gone after this season anyway.

Mike King for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith has looked good so far.

Also the David Phelps trade netted us Pablo Lopez, that deal was good.

While we are at it, the Ozuna deal may end up decent too. 

As far as Rule 5 picks go. Elieser Hernandez is seeming like a decent one.

spacer.png

I'm having a hard time believing that even the media or casual fan would be upset with Michael Hill being fired. I can't think of a single positive trade he's done or a free agent signing that's worked out well for us in the last several years. Not a single person would come to his defense... honestly if they did I feel like it would be out of pity or to be like OK everyone relax he wasn't THAT bad. But yea, he truly was. Only excuse is that he is indeed a puppet, was before for Loria and Beinfest and continues to be now with Jeter / Denbo. I could see negative media/comments if we fired Mattingly though.

I've only defended Hill in the sense that I would like to see how he does without the owner telling him exactly what to do or making the trades on his with less interference from above.

However, as you say, I wouldn't be upset if he was fired. Just curious to see him with the reins loosened a little.