Alex Cora fired

Admin

They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.

But now they dont have to wait?

Hard to say I feel bad for the Mets but man they stumbled into this shit pretty unknowingly this time. Tough call for them and no matter what they choose its gonna be a pain in the ass for them.

Its not that tough.

They asked Beltran if he was involved. He said no.

That was proven to be a lie.

You fire him on the spot and say its becuase he lied in a job interview and you move on with life.

Not that difficult really.

Where does it say they asked him about this in their interviews?

I guess thats true. Brodie may not have been saavy enough to ask that question for a job interview for manager of his club.

The Wilpons as per usual dont care, and are focused on the millions they will each make when the team is sold this year.

So I could buy that.

I know what I said, I was being facetious with my comment a few minutes ago.

I didn't think Boston would fire him before their investigation was completed. But it's clear that the results of their investigation is irrelevant to their decision on Cora going forward.

That and I'm sure MLB kinda has already informed the ownership group what is more or less happening and after getting that report...

Its pretty fucking damning for Cora.

I still think it was messed up that Manfred specifically name dropped Beltran in his report. If no players were gonna be disciplined then leave them all out of it. It shouldn't matter that Beltran is now a manager because the report is about what happened when Beltran was a player. It really feels like Manfred was purposely casting a shadow over Beltran for this. If anything the right move would have been for Manfred to privately tell the Mets front office and ownership about Beltran's involvement but not to make it public.

I still think it was messed up that Manfred specifically name dropped Beltran in his report. If no players were gonna be disciplined then leave them all out of it. It shouldn't matter that Beltran is now a manager because the report is about what happened when Beltran was a player. It really feels like Manfred was purposely casting a shadow over Beltran for this. If anything the right move would have been for Manfred to privately tell the Mets front office and ownership about Beltran's involvement but not to make it public.

I could be wrong but I thought the reason Beltran was specifically mentioned, was his involvement in creating the system. Other players used it, but seemingly didn't help invent it.

I could be wrong but I thought the reason Beltran was specifically mentioned, was his involvement in creating the system. Other players used it, but seemingly didn't help invent it.

Then punish him for it. I don't like that its "no punishments for players" but hey keep an eye on Beltran.

"You are all innocent... except for that guy!"