New details emerge about Astros cheating scandal

SonOfJack

You know, I get sometimes it’s the cool thing to hate the commishs of every sport. Most people hate Bettman of the NHL, I personally don’t. Manfred since taking over has shown he has no real grasp of the game at all. I hope the owners realize this and do something different, doubtful since it seems leagues allow their heads to go to retirement more often than not but for the sake of the sport I hope he is shown the door and quickly.

Goodell utterly ruined the NFL for me. I've tuned out of football games for years now. I'll try and watch a few every season but end up turning the flag fests off because it's just a trash product now. I didn't have anything against Manfred until this piece with the Astros. He's really come out of it looking awful.

Goodell utterly ruined the NFL for me. I've tuned out of football games for years now. I'll try and watch a few every season but end up turning the flag fests off because it's just a trash product now. I didn't have anything against Manfred until this piece with the Astros. He's really come out of it looking awful.

Try the XFL! Been decent so far.

You know, I get sometimes it’s the cool thing to hate the commishs of every sport. Most people hate Bettman of the NHL, I personally don’t. Manfred since taking over has shown he has no real grasp of the game at all. I hope the owners realize this and do something different, doubtful since it seems leagues allow their heads to go to retirement more often than not but for the sake of the sport I hope he is shown the door and quickly.

I think the owners just recently extended him too.

Try the XFL! Been decent so far.

I tried watching Tampa and Seattle this last weekend - quality of play felt too much like college football to me. Maybe I've just moved on from football but it just doesn't entertain me at all any longer. It was certainly better than their first attempt back in the 90's (?) which felt like you were watching a high school football game on public access.

I tried watching Tampa and Seattle this last weekend - quality of play felt too much like college football to me. Maybe I've just moved on from football but it just doesn't entertain me at all any longer. It was certainly better than their first attempt back in the 90's (?) which felt like you were watching a high school football game on public access.

College football is bettee than the NFL, whatchoo talkin' 'bout? Lol

Not liking college football seems to be an issue way separate than just not liking the XFL because it's clear the XFL can't be at the level of the NFL so to expect that is kinda pointless.

I'm no football fan but I don't see why the XFL can't do well enough to survive nor do I see why it can't eventually have a decent fanbase/following.

Think I read something along the lines of Manfred saying, "I discussed partial immunity to the players with the MLBPA and they said no," like ... just suspend them. How do you give immunity to an entire team's roster? Some of them, sure, but what a message it would have sent if Manfred suspended Bregman, among others, for the entire year at the least.

Think I read something along the lines of Manfred saying, "I discussed partial immunity to the players with the MLBPA and they said no," like ... just suspend them. How do you give immunity to an entire team's roster? Some of them, sure, but what a message it would have sent if Manfred suspended Bregman, among others, for the entire year at the least.

He should've penalized how he saw fit and then battle it out with the union afterwards if they fought it. At least then he would've tried. This just sounds like a lame excuse.

He should've penalized how he saw fit and then battle it out with the union afterwards if they fought it. At least then he would've tried. This just sounds like a lame excuse.

"There is nothing that I, the most powerful individual in the sport, maker and changer of rules and decisions, could have done."

• Like 1