New details emerge about Astros cheating scandal

Admin

Luhnow looks worse and worse seemingly by the day.

But I'm curious about Codebreaker... they had an algorithm and video to decode signs after the game? If it's the way I'm reading it, how is that illegal? Doesn't every team review video after the games to get prepared for the next game? I don't get how Codebreaker was applied in live games.

Because then the next time they play (probably next day), they know the signs and can prepare for what's coming. C'mon meow.

Right but the codebreaker itself doesn't seem illegal and that article is making a big deal about codebreaker.

Technically you can steal signs in baseball, it's the use of electronics and the live relaying of the signs to the batter that's the problem.

• Like 1

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/02/latest-on-astros-sign-stealing-scandal.html

“It was a big open secret, really big. Throughout baseball, throughout the scouting community, for several years, not just starting in 2017. I would say probably 2016, maybe earlier, through [2019], things were going on that were blatantly against the rules.”

It's a team that we think would be a great model for our rebuilding…shouldn't the MLB punish the owner of this team !?

I just heard more of the apologies... they're all BS. I'm not buying any of them. Nobody said anything for over two years when this was going on and they all celebrated that championship loud and proud. Then when everything is revealed they only come out and apologize at a press conference the day after a team meeting? Obviously they had that meeting and agreed to apologize as a way to sweep this under the rug and move forward. None of these apologies are natural. They're all forced and they're all being done because the team is making them do it. It's like when a kid does something wrong to another kid and the adult says "Now say you're sorry." It's that same type of apology where you just do it because you have to do it.

I just heard more of the apologies... they're all BS. I'm not buying any of them. Nobody said anything for over two years when this was going on and they all celebrated that championship loud and proud. Then when everything is revealed they only come out and apologize at a press conference the day after a team meeting? Obviously they had that meeting and agreed to apologize as a way to sweep this under the rug and move forward. None of these apologies are natural. They're all forced and they're all being done because the team is making them do it. It's like when a kid does something wrong to another kid and the adult says "Now say you're sorry." It's that same type of apology where you just do it because you have to do it.

Spot on, Silver Bullet. They reminded me of my daughter apologizing to her sister for hitting her, but only because she got caught.

• Like 1

Spot on, Silver Bullet. They reminded me of my daughter apologizing to her sister for hitting her, but only because she got caught.

Agreed... although I do have to say that they still had to do this. They needed some kind of formal public apology from individual players and it's the best thing for the organization because they do need to move forward. Good for their fans too. The only thing better would have been each player apologizing on their own right after the investigation results were revealed but that is pretty unrealistic.