CL Garcia

SU Bass

MR Curtiss

MR Floro

MR Bleier (L)

MR Cimber

MR Detwiler (L)

MR Hoyt

It's not what y'all want to hear, but I think Brinson has the inside track for the 4th/5th OF job. I think Mags is safe; he's got one of the spots. But Harold just missed a whole year with an injury and brings very little upside to the table (no base stealing, no HR power, corner-OF only). Brinson showed last year he can be a meaningful platoon partner (115 wRC+ vs LHP in 2020) and he can defend in all three OF positions. Ramirez is a Villar-level adventure in CF (as Team Columbia discovered in the Caribbean Series).

Also, Pop in, Hoyt out. That's my guess. Hoyt has an option left, and he makes for nifty reinforcements in AAA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

It's not what y'all want to hear, but I think Brinson has the inside track for the 4th/5th OF job. I think Mags is safe; he's got one of the spots. But Harold just missed a whole year with an injury and brings very little upside to the table (no base stealing, no HR power, corner-OF only). Brinson showed last year he can be a meaningful platoon partner (115 wRC+ vs LHP in 2020) and he can defend in all three OF positions. Ramirez is a Villar-level adventure in CF (as Team Columbia discovered in the Caribbean Series).

Also, Pop in, Hoyt out. That's my guess. Hoyt has an option left, and he makes for nifty reinforcements in AAA.

Sierra is out of options, I believe Ramirez is out of options as well. Brinson has an option. That's the key right there. Unless Sierra or Ramirez are traded Brinson is the odd man out. Nobody wants to believe it because everyone has been frustrated with him for so long but 2021 is still not the make or break year for Brinson, most likely 2022 is it. As long as he has that option he's still got flexibility here. For Brinson to make the opening day roster in 2021: Sierra or Ramirez need to be traded or they have to have a drastic dip in production for Brinson to clearly win a spot over them.

As for Hoyt, if he has an option left then yes he's a likely question mark in the pen if they wanna keep the rule 5 guys. FYI Floro and Curtiss also have options which allows flexibility but they're more locked in to a roster spot and it would take a lot for them not to make the opening day roster. 

5 hours ago, Michael said:

They'll be traded regardless if the prospects have shown they're ready this time around.

It's going to be a buy/sell deadline, just like this last one (bought Marte, sold Villar).

That's just my prediction, I'm fine to be wrong.

As they said (paraphrasing), nobody is really blocking anybody.

I don't think it's smart to just replace your entire outfield if you're in contention just to bring in the young guys/if they're doing well.  Obviously those outfielders helped get/keep you in contention, but you want to just throw them away.  1, MAYBE 2 of them, but all 3?  Short of the entire outfield flopping, I don't see that as realistic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Well, can't say I didn't see that coming.

As I've posted about here a few times the last couple of months, I would have liked to see Harold get a chance to seriously compete for the RF spot, I pretty much knew once the Marlins signed Duvall (and probably even before), that Harold would be the odd man out.

Well, thanks for playing RF in that rough 2019 season, Harold.

Hopefully he'll land on his feet, maybe another team will give him a chance to compete for an outfielder spot. And based on past trends, I would not be surprised if it's an NL East team. 

😂

• Like 1

Seems like the team is pretty much set now. Will be interesting to see how they divy out ABs between Cooper/Aguilar/Dickerson/Duvall but a good problem to have

This team is a Contreras move away from being stacked... but thats a pipe dream. Still would prefer to see a veteran SP at the end of the rotation but I'm okay with rolling with the young guys and a deep bullpen

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't think it's smart to just replace your entire outfield if you're in contention just to bring in the young guys/if they're doing well.  Obviously those outfielders helped get/keep you in contention, but you want to just throw them away.  1, MAYBE 2 of them, but all 3?  Short of the entire outfield flopping, I don't see that as realistic.

If they're a big reason we're contending, keep. Of course. If they're not, then makes no difference.

• The topic was locked