2020/21 off-season

I'm still annoyed that the Marlins released Jesus TInoco last year.

He only pitched 5.0 innings, but didn't give up any runs or even any hits, yeah, maybe he gave up 3 BB and only had 3 K in those 5 innings, but still, he seemed like a decent, solid bullpen peice that the Marlins had, and they released him!

Every time Dugger came in to give up 4-5 runs, I always would shake my head about Tinoco getting released, especially with the performance of some of the guys from the bullpen last year. There is no guarentee that he would have been great, but still I would have liked to see how well he would have performed in a full season out of the bullpen.

Oh well, He is a Colorado Rockie now.

3 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I can live with that lol At least you were actually a New Yorker with a family of real Yankee fans. I just can't stand the people who are bandwagon "Yankee Fans" just cause they have money and won a few championships.

Plus, i'm sure you know even the best yankee fans are insufferable tools so there's also that influencing my distain lol

Yes believe me I know "fake" Yankee fans everywhere and they're awful. Drives me nuts how many people around here who have been in Florida for decades yet they say they hate the Marlins because they're Yankee fans and many are not even from NY. I'm like, you know you live in Miami right? It's ok to be supportive of the local team as well as another team for other reasons. The annoying part is when their "other reasons" aren't even good ones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Great.

Again, they're never done looking to upgrade. People gotta stop saying the roster is final. Even once the games and the season starts the roster is always open to upgrades. And if they thought they were getting Kintzler then it means they thought another reliever is needed so why would they not add one after Kintzler backed out?

I still wonder who is being cut from the roster for Duvall and this potential new reliever.

Also...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Great.

Again, they're never done looking to upgrade. People gotta stop saying the roster is final. Even once the games and the season starts the roster is always open to upgrades. And if they thought they were getting Kintzler then it means they thought another reliever is needed so why would they not add one after Kintzler backed out?

I still wonder who is being cut from the roster for Duvall and this potential new reliever.

Also...

To be fair, Fish Army has been a beacon of negativity lately. 🙃 lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Whatever that is.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/marlins-park-awaits-well-health-safety-rating

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article249178050.html

"According to its website, the WELL Health-Safety Rating focuses on operational policies, maintenance protocols and emergency plans to keep spaces clean and sanitized, provide essential health benefits and services, communicate health and safety efforts, help everyone prepare for an emergency as well as assess air and water quality in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Following the successful completion of third-party documentation review, Marlins Park would be awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating, which would let everyone entering the facility know that evidence-based measures have been adopted and verified."

Basically by certifying the health and safety rating of Marlins Park they can open up quicker and get more people in more confidently and thus moving business along quicker than if they didn't. I'm glad the Marlins are going for this, good move.

• Like 1