5/2 Marlins at Nationals - 1:05 pm

Posted (edited)

Marlins looking to win final game of series, after being asleep for the first two games.

Trevor Rogers is entering the game in 4th place in MLB with an ERA of 1.29. He is also tied for third place in MLB with 3 wins so far this season.

Max Scherzer is pitching for the Nats. He is, well, Max Scherzer.

Let’s see if the Marlins continue with their 2021 trend of playing pretty well against elite pitchers and struggling against pretty much everyone else.

Let’s finish up this road trip with a win before the day off on Monday!

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It's really not fair to Trevor …

.... or us fans... Don has a little league manager mentality... "Everyone plays!"... With a day off tomorrow, Don is gonna trot this line-up out there... I guess he figures we won't beat Max so just get it over with and give others playing time

Edited by CyggyMarlin
2 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Why give your best hitter who's on a hot streak a day off?  With a day off tomorrow? 

Donnie Special!

Today's most likely outcome:  Complete game shutout by Scherzer.

Today's "that's so Marlins" outcome:  We beat Scherzer 5-0.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Erick said:

Totally feels like we got swept already.

Don putting this team in the best position to win.... I can't wait until he's gone

Edited by CyggyMarlin
11 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Donnie would like to give them TWO DAYS OFF …

I understand his logic.  I just don't agree with it.  Aguilar plays 1st base.  Not necessarily a demanding position.   Also, we need his bat in the lineup.

Just now, Rydawg said:

I understand his logic.  I just don't agree with it.  Aguilar plays 1st base.  Not necessarily a demanding position.   Also, we need his bat in the lineup.

I normally try to defend Don since he gets enough criticism already, but this one makes no sense. Aguilar should be in...if anything, rest Cooper.