LaRussa loves Mercedes

hovertical

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31468198/chicago-white-sox-manager-tony-la-russa-upset-rookie-yermin-mercedes-not-showing-respect-your-opponent-victory

So Tony had to check with other managers and baseball people to make sure players were allowed to celebrate? And he basically says he's happy that they threw at his own player for hitting a HR. Wow. I cringed when he was hired in the off-season and between this shit and not even knowing how much extra innings works now. Just wow. What a pos

19 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

How about a compromise to any team that is upset that another team keeps playing even when up by a blowout? We will stop playing hard today, but tomorrow when we play again we start up 2-0.

In one of the articles another MLB pitcher even pointed out how damn hard it actually is to hit a 46mph pitch THAT far. Batters get paid for their batting stats not when they're put in to save a bullpen. Who gives a flying shit if a player hit an extra dinger off a position player pitching? Well, aside from LaRussa

23 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Do other sports have them? Feels like an MLB thing

I mean kind of.. like jacking up a 3 up 20 with 5 seconds left.. but thats about it. Baseball is dumb tho.. its not like Minny wasnt gonna try and score runs in the bottom of the 9th

1 hour ago, Iowa said:

Chicago talk radip about Larussa is ruthless. What a dumb hire for such a talented team

I agree, but they are 26-16, 2nd best team in baseball behind the 28-16 Giants, so maybe they're just winning in spite of him?

36 minutes ago, Iowa said:

I mean kind of.. like jacking up a 3 up 20 with 5 seconds left.. but thats about it. Baseball is dumb tho.. its not like Minny wasnt gonna try and score runs in the bottom of the 9th

pretty much anything with running a score up is considered "wrong".  if guys stop trying to defend, hustle, and are just like meh - then why not keep pouring on?  i mean when it's contract time they aren't going to be all "well in the last 3 years one of those HRs was hit off a position player" i'm sure arbitration time also doesn't take AWAY home runs from the total or rbi's. maybe they use a certain range in stats to determine value and that extra dong will put them into another bracket. 

in the end, i think we all agree here that it's stupid.  I'm continually shocked when players and people still act all butt-hurt over it. The freaking Twins announcers were even pissed apparently.  Get a freaking clue guys.

Man, if i was a Sox player though and I saw my own manager throw one of our own under the bus like he did with Yermin....phew i'd have a real hard time not trying to get some other teammates to start openly speaking out against him more and more.

• Like 1

Mercedes will get paid for offensive stats.

If he rolled into an out, would it count against him? you bet your ass.

If you want to make the at bat not countable for your stats....LOL

Then sure.  

LaRussa's act is as old as he is.  

Cronyism alive and well on the South Side.  

48 minutes ago, Iowa said:

You also have your reserves in during that same scenario, not a starting level player. 

• Like 1

Someone called it.  Its a mockery to swing 3-0 but its not a mockery to send up a DH throwing the ball 48 miles an hour.

Come the fuck on. 

The unwritten rules i'm sure had a lot to say about position players pitching. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

We wouldn't have this problem if someone would just write the unwritten rules down already. Can't believe these lazy fucks still have bothered to do this. 

It is probably up to a FanGraphs writer and they are so behind, we are still waiting for the 2018 Marlins Elegy.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

It is probably up to a FanGraphs writer and they are so behind, we are still waiting for the 2018 Marlins Elegy.

Maybe they're using Internet Explorer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.