6/9 Postgame

Erick

The ONLY thing Isan Diaz is good at is taking pitches (unless it's a 3-0 count) so Dumb Mattingly calling a hit and run with a guy who takes the most pitches on the team and would likely swing and miss a tennis racket at a beachball is everything you need to know about why he needs to go. ("He" in this sentence can be either Isan or Don, preferably both)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Our problems are bigger than this but something has to be done about these awful replay calls. It's ridiculous how many blatantly wrong calls are made.

It's astounding to me how bad some of them are.

I think the NY crew needs to NOT know the call on the field, and make an un-influenced call from scratch/the video evidence and THEN a determination is made after the fact based on that (i.e. NY looks at it from scratch, decides it's an out, and then it may stand or overturn depending on that).

I didn't see the play at the time, but saw the picture posted in the game thread of the call, and his foot was clearly on the bag while the ball was still a good ball width or two AWAY from even contacting the glove.  How on earth is that not safe?

At the very least teams need to be allowed the right to actually protest games with blown replay calls like that and I mean protests that actually get followed up and matter since current protesting procedures are a meaningless joke. Like if last night's call was brought to some panel that has to determine the right call I can't believe they wouldn't agree that it was wrong. Enough of the umps being "allowed" to get the calls wrong and everyone just shrugs their shoulders. Have meaningful protests with consequences attached. Stop letting them get away with all these stupid mistakes. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

At the very least teams need to be allowed the right to actually protest games with blown replay calls like that and I mean protests that actually get followed up and matter since current protesting procedures are a meaningless joke. Like if last night's call was brought to some panel that has to determine the right call I can't believe they wouldn't agree that it was wrong. Enough of the umps being "allowed" to get the calls wrong and everyone just shrugs their shoulders. Have meaningful protests with consequences attached. Stop letting them get away with all these stupid mistakes. 

Hohohoho NY has all these extra cameras with angles we can't see from our vantage point.

-you know who

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree with this.

If it's a super close call that is hard to tell, obviously you go with the call on the field, but this one (and others) was blatantly wrong.