Thank you Kim!

Das Texan

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I won't say this team intended to lose in this season but I would say this team didn't do their best to try to win because they always call up the worst players and don't know why. 

It was certainly weird ... continuously calling up Devin Marrero and Luis Marte rather than Bryson Brigman the entire year was just baffling.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Honestly, Brigman. I know we've got just a week left but for fuck's sake, what does the guy have to do? Even if he struggled, at least we'd know. Lol

It seems this team have a "call up players list" and it includes only Marrero, Marte and Madero, so they call up Marrero 573 times, call up Marte 469 times and call up Madero 355 times …and we all call them "3M".

Edited by taiwanmarlin

This was one of the more poorly managed teams from the FO that I can ever remember from the Fish. Next year is a big season for Ng because if the roster mismanagment ruins what could be the best rotation we've ever had, I will want her gone ASAP

Edited by Iowa
  • Like 2

When I think of this year's roster management/mismanagement, it reminds me of the times Donnie would leave Jordan Yamamoto out to getting destroyed in a blow out because who cares what happens the rest of that game. And then of course the next day in theory Donnie starts fresh and tries to field a winner again.

So I'm "hoping" that this is a metaphor for this front office heading into 2022... that this waste of a year is because they know 2021 is a wash and they'll reload for next year and that their lack of moves isn't a sign of a lack of moves in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

When I think of this year's roster management/mismanagement, it reminds me of the times Donnie would leave Jordan Yamamoto out to getting destroyed in a blow out because who cares what happens the rest of that game. And then of course the next day in theory Donnie starts fresh and tries to field a winner again.

So I'm "hoping" that this is a metaphor for this front office heading into 2022... that this waste of a year is because they know 2021 is a wash and they'll reload for next year and that their lack of moves isn't a sign of a lack of moves in the future.

Meanwhile the team works their way back and scores 5 runs in their half of the inning to make it close again, and had Don cared, they'd be in the game.

But yes, let's hope they figure it out next year.

• Like 1

Next season is the fifth season of this rebuilding. 

This team finally got the REAL TV deal money. 

Jeter officially becomes the member of Hall of Fame. 

Ng, first female GM of MLB enters her second off-season and the first full off-season, she's no more a rookie. 

All the world and not only the Marlins fans would watching what this team doing in the 2021/22 off-season. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Next season is the fifth season of this rebuilding. 

This team finally got the REAL TV deal money. 

Jeter officially becomes the member of Hall of Fame. 

Ng, first female GM of MLB enters her second off-season and the first full off-season, she's no more a rookie. 

All the world and not only the Marlins fans would watching what this team doing in the 2021/22 off-season. 

With all these factors you've just mentioned ...

... there are no excuses. 🙂

Could be a very exciting offseason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

That's a big assumption. If that happens, then yes of course. But for me that's a big IF right now.

Until then, I am not confident we're headed in the right direction.

I gotcha, that's fair but you're assuming about what's next, I'm saying if we remove the hope and expectations that came from the 2020 playoff berth, the team is getting better up to this point. They're not going backwards. 

What happens after this point is a big question mark yes absolutely. 

• Like 1