2021 MLB Playoffs

Admin

40 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

First time the Giants and Dodgers have ever faced each other in the playoffs apparently? Pretty nutty considering how big that rivalry is.

Makes sense though. They've not often been good at the same time in the wild card era, and during the single WC era they couldn't face off in the first round cause reasons so any time both were in, one got eliminated early. Before that, they've always been in the same division and league before divisions so when it was just NLCS or just straight to WS, that was it.

It's really not anywhere near as shocking as people make it out to be. They have had those epic tiebreaker series though.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Makes sense though. They've not often been good at the same time in the wild card era, and during the single WC era they couldn't face off in the first round cause reasons so any time both were in, one got eliminated early. Before that, they've always been in the same division and league before divisions so when it was just NLCS or just straight to WS, that was it.

It's really not anywhere near as shocking as people make it out to be. They have had those epic tiebreaker series though.

You're right, it just seems like the Red Sox and Yankees have played each other millions of times in the playoffs while facing the same restrictions. Though, they probably haven't actually and I am just remembering it that way.

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You're right, it just seems like the Red Sox and Yankees have played each other millions of times in the playoffs while facing the same restrictions. Though, they probably haven't actually and I am just remembering it that way.

Five times meeting in the playoffs. 99, 03, 04 ALCS, 18 ALDS, 21 ALWC.

It also feels that way because of the 03 and 04 ALCS they had together. Both were amazing and really hard to forget.

Plus, similar to my comment about Giants/Dodgers seasons, Sox and Yanks are consistently great at the same time, so that helps.

5 hours ago, Michael said:

Five times meeting in the playoffs. 99, 03, 04 ALCS, 18 ALDS, 21 ALWC.

It also feels that way because of the 03 and 04 ALCS they had together. Both were amazing and really hard to forget.

Plus, similar to my comment about Giants/Dodgers seasons, Sox and Yanks are consistently great at the same time, so that helps.

Also East Coast media bias.

This Giants/Dodgers series I expect to be epic.

4 hours ago, Das Texan said:

This would be the time I point out the number of pennants and World Series titles the Cardinals have in comparison to well...

Anyone not named the Yankees.  

Not an apples to apples comparison. They started how far back?... 1900? How different was the game back then also..

However...

Cards took 26 years to get their first title. In that same amount of time the Marlins have already 2.

Give them 121 years and I'm sure they'll have a lot too! 🤣

53 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

Not an apples to apples comparison. They started how far back?... 1900? How different was the game back then also..

However...

Cards took 26 years to get their first title. In that same amount of time the Marlins have already 2.

Give them 121 years and I'm sure they'll have a lot too! 🤣

Cardinals are one of 3 franchises to have more than 1 World Series championship this century.