Marlins announce several Front Office Promotions

rmc523

18 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

How did Adrian Lorenzo get hired?

Seems like he didnt meet the top criteria to be employed by the Marlins.

Jokes aside this might mean he's actually good at his job?

"Let's hire Lorenzo!" 

"But he's never been with the Yankees."

"Yeah but he's really good!"

"Good point, ok let's make an exception for him."

1 hour ago, Entendu said:

I know it's cool and all to shit on your own team, but how can anyone criticize this front office beyond anything other than spending? They can't control the cash they have to play with, but on player development and scouting, they've been amazing.

Its actually too early to say on the player development and scouting if they are doing their jobs or not really....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Its actually too early to say on the player development and scouting if they are doing their jobs or not really....

I cant think of one player they signed or drafted that has made a significant impact to the major league roster. Heck, I can't think of one that is still coveted. Even Trevor Rodgers is a Loria pick.

Didn't Bleday fall off the map recently prospect value wise? We got two Mesa's and they don't have a silla in the Major League Clubhouse.

2 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

I cant think of one player they signed or drafted that has made a significant impact to the major league roster. Heck, I can't think of one that is still coveted. Even Trevor Rodgers is a Loria pick.

Didn't Bleday fall off the map recently prospect value wise? We got two Mesa's and they don't have a silla in the Major League Clubhouse.

Hey I'm not the one applauding their scouting and development team here!

Though I do agree the Ng regime has had one draft, so you really have to give it a good 3 years to determine if they got it right or not.

Reality is that the guys drafted in year one of this regime should be just now reaching the upper minors generally speaking so....

12 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Hey I'm not the one applauding their scouting and development team here!

Though I do agree the Ng regime has had one draft, so you really have to give it a good 3 years to determine if they got it right or not.

Reality is that the guys drafted in year one of this regime should be just now reaching the upper minors generally speaking so....

I just wish a few could have kept their value or draft day potential. Most of what I see is they have lost value and go from Blue Chip Prospects to Simply Organic White Cheddar Doritos in a hurry.