Sixto optioned to AAA

Admin

9 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

from "he might be like a new Pedro Martinez" to "he might pitch again, someday" in just a couple of years.

you could even move your quotation marks on that second statement if you wanted to "he might pitch again, someday, in just a couple of years"  

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Per Pipeline, he's still the number 58 prospect. My question is does he come off that list because he accrues enough MLB service time or because the scouts finally give up on him?

That all depends on if he's back and pitching well before the mid-season rankings come out. Hopefully that's a yes.  

Also, he was in AAA last year when he went on the DL.  He didn't accrue MLB time, I think.  That's probably why he was sent to AAA recently as well. 

3 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

That all depends on if he's back and pitching well before the mid-season rankings come out. Hopefully that's a yes.  

Also, he was in AAA last year when he went on the DL.  He didn't accrue MLB time, I think.  That's probably why he was sent to AAA recently as well. 

He needs 11 more innings in the big leagues to lose rookie eligibility and thus his prospect status. Hopefully he can get healthy, but from what I have heard about his work ethic it seems like he is not very motivated to get back. Would be a shame to waste all that talent.