May 3 - DBacks @ Marlins - 640 PM

Michael

10 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'll keep saying it until he proves me otherwise. Rogers sucks since the all-star break.

He didn't play in August and had a 3.52 ERA in September.  It wasn't as good as his 1st half but it's far from sucking.

This season is a different story.  He's been a little better lately but he's been bad overall.   The stuff is there though. He'll come around.

The offense, or lack thereof is a much bigger worry to me than Trevor. At the end of the day, he’s a 24 year old pitcher with really great upside. Our offense however just flat out sucks. Not even competitive against a fringe #5 on a bad baseball team

This is my problem with what Kim Ng did this offseason. You have a organization of “traits over hit tool” guys. We have a bunch of extremely raw athletes and are barren of true baseball players with strong approaches and hit tools. 

You accent this team with....Jorge Soler and Avisail Garcia of all people. That’s your prized acquisitions. 

There’s a reason everyone here loves Joey wendle. He’s one of the few guys in the entire organization who “gets it”. 

1 minute ago, Morientes50 said:

We need more Wendle and less avi

I know Avi gets a lot of hate, but soler is the same shit. Just because he connects on a couple of highlight reel bombs the 2 times he gets an inner half fastball doesn’t make him good. 

1 was off a young kid who was struggling to find the strike zone, and another was “see how far you can hit it” fastball because they were up 5 and didn’t want to walk him. 

until he hits anything outer half, he’s just as bad as Avi 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, marlins_09 said:

I know Avi gets a lot of hate, but soler is the same shit. Just because he connects on a couple of highlight reel bombs the 2 times he gets an inner half fastball doesn’t make him good. 

1 was off a young kid who was struggling to find the strike zone, and another was “see how far you can hit it” fastball because they were up 5 and didn’t want to walk him. 

I think anyone paying attention has plenty of hate for both of Ng's terrible signings.

Correction...unnecessary panic signings

Edited by Major-Minor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

We can agree that they both suck. 🤝

• Like 1