5/4 vs Snakes - 12:40 PM

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Are you kidding? Have you been watching this organization. Because he gave up 5 runs instead of 7 that inning, the FO will give him another 2 months of starts.

Sir, I’m the one that started the Fire Kim Ng thread lol

Meyer is scheduled to pitch on Friday, but tomorrow would be on regular rest. I say insert him into the rotation tomorrow and move everyone back a day until you replace Hernández for Meyer in Arizona.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

I do think there’s something to be said for almost needing 2 SP ready when the move is made. 

Moving Elieser to the pen not only calls for the need for a direct replacement, but you almost need SP #6 to be ready as well ideally. Elieser would lose some of that length/longevity in a BP role, and you would ideally have a new SP 5/6 when the move is made. 

Edward Cabrera made a rehab start yesterday.  There’s your new SP 5/6. It’s time 

Hoeing was also just promoted to AAA.  That should gives another SP option.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Hoeing was also just promoted to AAA.  That should gives another SP option.

Yep, and he effectively replaces Braxton who just went on IL and is also in that SP 7 conversation

SP 1-4: Sandy, Pablo, Rogers, Luzardo 

SP 5: Meyer 

SP 6: Cabrera

SP 7+: Garrett (IL), Castano, Poteet, Holloway (smh), Hoeing

Edited by marlins_09

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

No disrespect to Hoeing, but come on, if Max and Ed are ready to go, bring them up.

Not sure Cabrera is ready to go. He has made what, one start coming off of the injury?

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Meyer is scheduled to pitch on Friday, but tomorrow would be on regular rest. I say insert him into the rotation tomorrow and move everyone back a day until you replace Hernández for Meyer in Arizona.

Only issue is you would need to effectively send 2 guys down with Floro likely joining the team soon. 

Poteet + Bleier? 

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Not sure Cabrera is ready to go. He has made what, one start coming off of the injury?

Of course on Ed, give him time to build up, but I'm saying don't call up Hoeing over Meyer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marlins_09 said:

Only issue is you would need to effectively send 2 guys down with Floro likely joining the team soon. 

Poteet + Bleier? 

It'd be Poteet and Head most likely.

• Like 1

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Yeah but he’s on track to be ready to be SP 6. You wouldn’t need SP 6 unless someone went down this time through the rotation. He threw 65 pitches, he would have a minimum of 1 more start before he would ever be needed. And that’s worst case scenario. 

It certainly is a more positive situation than having him on IL when you make the move to Meyer and effectively turn Elieser into a full time reliever