5/4 vs Snakes - 12:40 PM

So it sounds like Rich Waltz is the DBacks announcer? I was watching the "away" feed and didn't realize it until they started promoting a business in Arizona.

I haven't really watched this team daily since Rich was let go, so this was a trippy freaking moment

1 minute ago, Entendu said:

So it sounds like Rich Waltz is the DBacks announcer? I was watching the "away" feed and didn't realize it until they started promoting a business in Arizona.

I haven't really watched this team daily since Rich was let go, so this was a trippy freaking moment

Yeah ... not sure if he's there briefly or if that's a full-time gig.

1 minute ago, Entendu said:

He's just a substitute for them this roadtrip, he is basically a freelance guy right now

Just now, marlins_09 said:

Only good news - this should be the nail in the coffin for elieser as the starter. Cruises through order 1st time, hit around 2nd time. Idk how much more obvious this can be 

Why would this time be any different than the other times he did the same shit?

1 minute ago, marlins_09 said:

Only good news - this should be the nail in the coffin for elieser as the starter. Cruises through order 1st time, hit around 2nd time. Idk how much more obvious this can be 

Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marlins_09 said:

Well, because Max just continues to shove and build even more of a case. 

Yeah we all know it should have been done long ago, but feels like our front office is watching something else. Must be concentrating on something else and as we all know, they can only do 1 thing at a time.

• Haha 1

There are no more excuses for having Elieser in the rotation. I know Rogers is struggling also, but at least Rogers is younger, has great stuff and just came off of a very good season. Time to stop worrying about time clocks on Meyer.

Just now, Rydawg said:

There are no more excuses for having Elieser in the rotation. I know Rogers is struggling also, but at least Rogers is younger, has great stuff and just came off of a very good season. Time to stop worrying about time clocks on Meyer.

Won't happen. Sat on their ass for literal months while Sanchez raked and we desperately needed that influx last season. I'd say there's at least a 75% chance that'll be the same play this season. 

I do think there’s something to be said for almost needing 2 SP ready when the move is made. 

Moving Elieser to the pen not only calls for the need for a direct replacement, but you almost need SP #6 to be ready as well ideally. Elieser would lose some of that length/longevity in a BP role, and you would ideally have a new SP 5/6 when the move is made. 

Edward Cabrera made a rehab start yesterday.  There’s your new SP 5/6. It’s time 

6 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Are you kidding? Have you been watching this organization. Because he gave up 5 runs instead of 7 that inning, the FO will give him another 2 months of starts.