Phobias

hovertical

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I would have married her

maybe I should have - her family was and is stupid wealthy.  She was going through the whole "bad boy" phase and that's literally the only reason she stayed with me as long as she did.  Let me be clear though, I was only a "bad boy" in her parents eyes because I didn't have a hundred mil+ in the bank as my parents were "only" middle class (and thus we were basically criminals in their eyes).  Her brother just recently ran (and lost thank God) for a very prominent political position in Florida but he pals around with some of the far right political elites and will probably run again at some point I'm sure. 

I will only suck it up and deal with the vomit for my two kids but anyone else on this planet is out of luck if I'm near them throwing up. I will run for the hills and leave you hanging. Even with the kids though if anyone else is around to help I'll let them handle it and I'll help as much as I can without dealing with the vomit. Now that I think of it I'll suck it up for my dog's puke too buy that's cuz he's basically the third child. My wife? I helped once and only once because she was realllly bad to the point where I was thinking we might end up in the hospital and I couldn't leave her hanging in that situation. And boy that night was bad for me, don't know how I survived. But if she's just puking from drinking too much or something like that then sorry babe you're on your own. And I'll tell her too, you've drank too much, if you don't stop and end up puking I've already warned you I'm not helping. 

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

How the fuck did @hovertical get a BJ for chicken fajitas from Chilis? Damn, back in my day I had to pay for a fancy restaurant to get that.

Florida Chili's used to do 2-1 drinks on nearly all cocktails so that certainly helped.  I remember the first time I moved out here to Arizona and went to a Chili's i asked where the 2nd drink was and the waiter literally said "Oh, you must be from Florida" - apparently the 2-1 drinks thing is unique to Florida Chili's locations.

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

Florida Chili's used to do 2-1 drinks on nearly all cocktails so that certainly helped.  I remember the first time I moved out here to Arizona and went to a Chili's i asked where the 2nd drink was and the waiter literally said "Oh, you must be from Florida" - apparently the 2-1 drinks thing is unique to Florida Chili's locations.

Damn this got me thinking, pretty sure I've gotten laid via Chili's 2 for 1 drinks special too lmao just realized Chili's is the greatest restaurant ever! 

• Haha 1

Just now, SilverBullet said:

So you didn't marry the other girl? @SonOfJackmaybe she's still single? You should find out! 

She ended up marrying the very next dude she dated after me and divorced less than two years later.  Her mom is also a divorce attorney so it ended very poorly for that poor guy.  She's been engaged to her current guy for literally 8 years now with no date set for the wedding - just wears the engagement ring around.  Yes, we still occasionally talk - usually on birthdays.  Never really had some awful breakup with any of the girls I dated over the years and we usually stayed amiable in the years that followed once everyone was in a new relationship and the sting of the breakup was over.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, hovertical said:

how far up a ladder can you and @Michael tolerate? 

Personally, heights don't bother me at all but I hate ladders with a passion because I just think they're going to fall over, collapse or break.  I'm perfectly fine sitting on the edge of a cliff though for instance. I did the CN Tower in Toronto too which has a glass floor observation deck about 50 stories or so up so it kinda looks like you're floating 50 stories up.  No issues for me on that one but man there were a lot of terrified folks hugging the wall immediately when they stepped off the elevator.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, SilverBullet said:

I'm definitely claustrophobia. Even thinking of being in a tight space wigs me out.

As a kid I was irrationally terrified of dogs and clowns. Got over the dogs thing and love them now because my parents wisely got me a puppy to help me get over it and it worked wonderfully, I now sleep with a nearly 100 lb bag of fleas, and my dog sleeps with us too. 

I'm OK with clowns now but I just don't like them and never will so they still kinda give me the creeps.

I also have a bit of a fear of vomit or my own throwing up lol. I get abnormally freaked out about it and I avoid it like the plague and that causes me to avoid things that might lead to it like wild rollercoasters more so because I'm afraid to puke as opposed to being afraid of the rollercoaster itself. 

On 9/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, SilverBullet said:

Actually I meant very tight spaces. No problem with elevators. It's spaces where I can't move. So I'm not sure the levels of claustrophobia but I guess I have a mild claustrophobia? But if it's triggered I will lose my shit.

An example that I just cannot do... enclosed spiral slides, with or without water. 

I'll echo some comments made above.....I'm ok with heights if I feel like whatever structure/platform I'm on is secure.  But if it's wobbly or anything like that and too high.....nooo thank you.

Similar with small spaces - if I can "escape" easily and move around to a degree, I'm fine, but have me trapped and/or enclosed and nope, don't like that at all.

I can't think of any other debilitating fears right now, though.