Which food delivery company do you prefer?

SonOfJack

Don’t use any of them. If I do place an order like for pizza or something. I just order for pickup and drive there. 😂

People have argued with me and said that you use more gas driving to pick the food up, I contend that not really, especially if the place is like 2-3 miles away, also I time it so that I pick up the food right when it is ready so still hot when I get home. Too many times disappointed ordering dominos, Papa Johns or other pizza places for delivery waiting more than an hour and the pizza is fricken cold and you still have to pay delivery charge and expected to give a tip for cold food. No thanks. I don’t order foods delivery at all. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Door Dash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, something else?

I personally hate them all. With fees + tip, you end up paying 2x the price for the same food.

since we're the same person, I agree.  The whole "free delivery" is not really free either because they upcharge the hell out of everything you order and you still have to tip. Even with gas prices what they are it's just not worth it.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten some promo code for one of them and I was like 'oh sweet i can just have ______ delivered for lunch and it won't cost very much extra" and then I d/l the app and order everything I want and then it's some asinine price still because of the lazy tax.  I absolutely 100% refuse to spend that much just to get some food delivered.

I don't use any of them.  I'd rather just drive to the place, which are usually around the corner.  Not paying an extra $10 or whatever it is for delivery for it across the street lol.

Pizza is the only one I'll have delivered, which they have their own delivery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't use any of them.  I'd rather just drive to the place, which are usually around the corner.  Not paying an extra $10 or whatever it is for delivery for it across the street lol.

Pizza is the only one I'll have delivered, which they have their own delivery.

With you 100% on the delivery apps but I don’t even let the pizza companies deliver lol. I always do carry out cause it’s a $4/$5 dollar delivery fee plus I’m still expected to tip the driver. I’d rather make the two minute drive lol

36 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

With you 100% on the delivery apps but I don’t even let the pizza companies deliver lol. I always do carry out cause it’s a $4/$5 dollar delivery fee plus I’m still expected to tip the driver. I’d rather make the two minute drive lol

The one I order from I think adds $1....or maybe it's $3 for delivery, can't remember.

For whatever reason, pizza is different for me.  Maybe it's because I'm close to the place (a local one, not a chain), so it always arrives hot/fresh.  I think the uncertainty of how busy they are plays a factor too - if they're busy, they may not make it for a while if they're filling other earlier orders, so you're going to go sit at the place and wait while they make your pizza?  May as well just wait at home and do what I want in the meantime....maybe that's lazy of me.

Compare that to some of these other delivery things where people are usually having something like McDonalds or Chipotle delivered?  Those are usually quick if you go there and would take longer to wait for it.

7 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

These are so massively marked up and such a bad deal its crazy.

Same thing really with curbside grocery shopping and what not.

Stop being lazy. 

I don't use curbside to get my groceries because I enjoy picking out my produce, meat, etc. but I have priced it and it's literally the same price as going into the store so I don't know which store you're referring to but it doesn't apply to Fry's or Sprouts. They even offer larger discounts via digital coupons to get it curbside for some reason which I don't understand why they'd prefer that over someone going inside the store (unless the ultimate dream is to minimize staff and create a curbside/delivery only type of scenario which I could see happening as it would be cheaper for them).

10 hours ago, hovertical said:

I don't use curbside to get my groceries because I enjoy picking out my produce, meat, etc. but I have priced it and it's literally the same price as going into the store so I don't know which store you're referring to but it doesn't apply to Fry's or Sprouts. They even offer larger discounts via digital coupons to get it curbside for some reason which I don't understand why they'd prefer that over someone going inside the store (unless the ultimate dream is to minimize staff and create a curbside/delivery only type of scenario which I could see happening as it would be cheaper for them).

Its called baiting you.

They offer those rates to get you hooked and then will slowly raise the prices, between a fee for the service then up to 3-5% usually higher for whatever you'd get.

Plus the inability to pick your produce and meat.  They can pick the crap produce you'd never get on your own!

9 hours ago, Entendu said:

Fuck those apps. Very often I'm about to check out and can't justify the price plus tip. I only do it when I'm expensing it through my work

Yeah it's pretty awesome when you can absolutely blow out the corporate card for lunch. Man, especially if you're pissed off at your employer that day...phew I'm giving a generous tip and ordering all sides.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Yeah it's pretty awesome when you can absolutely blow out the corporate card for lunch. Man, especially if you're pissed off at your employer that day...phew I'm giving a generous tip and ordering all sides.

That's my motivation about half the time lol. You're loading me up with shit at noon and telling me it's due in two hours? Lunch is on you, motherfucker

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Same. I never had the joy of using one of those. Never even saw one.

Only seen it a few times at my company. Lunch for new employees (but why) and flights for work purposes. I was recently in Northern California for work. First time on the west coast, it was nice.

The drive from Medford, Oregon, to where we had to go sucked though. Winding trail with constant elevation changes, in the pitch (black) darkness, in a forest.

We had to fly into Medford because it was the closest airport to where we needed to go. The next closest option was six hours south. Lol.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:35 AM, Das Texan said:

These are so massively marked up and such a bad deal its crazy.

Same thing really with curbside grocery shopping and what not.

Stop being lazy. 

It's not being lazy. It's saving time. These last few years of my life, with kids, their extracurriculars, and hobbies/interests I've picked up, I've really valued saving time.

I do Walmart delivery because it's great. No markup. Just a monthly fee and small tip. If you do pickup, there's absolutely no fee or markup.