January 28, 20233 yr https://awfulannouncing.com/bally/sinclairs-diamond-sports-group-continues-its-march-toward-bankruptcy.html Not ideal, but hopefully someone else can get the rights at a good deal and put out a better product than this trash that exists now. If there is one thing almost everyone seems to agree on.... The regional sports package that is controlled by Sinclair currently is fucking god awful and has been since they bought them. In other news, Bruce Sherman is not thrilled at losing revenue.
January 30, 20233 yr Another excuse for Bruce to not spend money... There has seemed to be a lot of mid-broadcast mistakes that didn't happen before (incorrect graphics, etc). I'd imagine they'll try to keep the bigger team deals, and jettison smaller teams like the Marlins.
January 30, 20233 yr 10 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Another excuse for Bruce to not spend money... There has seemed to be a lot of mid-broadcast mistakes that didn't happen before (incorrect graphics, etc). I'd imagine they'll try to keep the bigger team deals, and jettison smaller teams like the Marlins. yeah they are HORRIBLE with their ticker that runs along the bottom in terms of just flat out WRONG info - and it happens multiple times every friggin' game and they haven't gotten better as time went on either - it's like they literally just don't give a shit and someone (whoever creates all that stuff) is just half-assing it. it's been atrocious
January 30, 20233 yr 15 minutes ago, hovertical said: yeah they are HORRIBLE with their ticker that runs along the bottom in terms of just flat out WRONG info - and it happens multiple times every friggin' game and they haven't gotten better as time went on either - it's like they literally just don't give a shit and someone (whoever creates all that stuff) is just half-assing it. it's been atrocious yeah, its bad. A lesser issue, but I also hate how they show the reward code for 3.5 seconds per game, and don't announce it. They should say it verbally with a graphic. Though I guess if less people do it, that's less to give away.
January 30, 20233 yr I'm buying that subscription service this year, at least until the Marlins convince me they won't be competitive.
January 30, 20233 yr 49 minutes ago, hovertical said: yeah they are HORRIBLE with their ticker that runs along the bottom in terms of just flat out WRONG info - and it happens multiple times every friggin' game and they haven't gotten better as time went on either - it's like they literally just don't give a shit and someone (whoever creates all that stuff) is just half-assing it. it's been atrocious Things like this are a reflection of poor management. Any employee can make a mistake but continued mistakes are a sign of management not expecting better, not holding people accountable, and not wanting to put in the effort to improve things... it's accepting mediocrity and making it the norm.
January 30, 20233 yr 17 minutes ago, Entendu said: I'm buying that subscription service this year, at least until the Marlins convince me they won't be competitive. What subscription?
January 30, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, rmc523 said: What subscription? I think its called Ballys Sports Plus
January 30, 20233 yr 9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Things like this are a reflection of poor management. Any employee can make a mistake but continued mistakes are a sign of management not expecting better, not holding people accountable, and not wanting to put in the effort to improve things... it's accepting mediocrity and making it the norm. I could expect some hiccups in year 1 with new teams coming in (though I presume the broadcast folks would've largely been the same, no?), but last year was the 2nd year I believe of Ballys. Same argument as Kim - I expected an adjustment period , but she was making the same mistakes in year 2. Hopefully she's figured it out now.
January 30, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: I think its called Ballys Sports Plus Is it instead of a TV package I guess? I wonder if that'd different from the Bally Sports app that lets you stream games via your provider login?
January 30, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, rmc523 said: Is it instead of a TV package I guess? I wonder if that'd different from the Bally Sports app that lets you stream games via your provider login? Im not sure of the details
January 30, 20233 yr 2 minutes ago, rmc523 said: I could expect some hiccups in year 1 with new teams coming in (though I presume the broadcast folks would've largely been the same, no?), but last year was the 2nd year I believe of Ballys. Same argument as Kim - I expected an adjustment period , but she was making the same mistakes in year 2. Hopefully she's figured it out now. Ehh, a GM job takes adjustments because it's not a cut and dry thing, it's about negotiations and things like that. Things like having errors on a TV broadcast are just cuz someone isn't paying attention and flat out not doing their job right.
January 30, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: Ehh, a GM job takes adjustments because it's not a cut and dry thing, it's about negotiations and things like that. Things like having errors on a TV broadcast are just cuz someone isn't paying attention and flat out not doing their job right. I'm referring more to her in-season antics of leaving the team shorthanded for weeks on end. But I agree, not completely apples to apples.
January 30, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, Entendu said: I'm buying that subscription service this year, at least until the Marlins convince me they won't be competitive. Damn I hope they sell it by the day then
January 30, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, rmc523 said: Is it instead of a TV package I guess? I wonder if that'd different from the Bally Sports app that lets you stream games via your provider login? Yes, you pay like $25 per month and you get full access to local teams on app, browser, etc.. They screwed us because it's by channel, and you need to pay for both channels if you want the Heat and Marlins (I think there's a discount so it comes out to $30-something). I'll only pay for the Marlins though
January 30, 20233 yr 23 minutes ago, Entendu said: Yes, you pay like $25 per month and you get full access to local teams on app, browser, etc.. They screwed us because it's by channel, and you need to pay for both channels if you want the Heat and Marlins (I think there's a discount so it comes out to $30-something). I'll only pay for the Marlins though How reliable is it though?
January 30, 20233 yr 20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: How reliable is it though? I'll let you know lol
February 15, 20233 yr 2 minutes ago, Michael said: Good, reports were saying this may happen but it seemed all along like the best and most logical option.
February 15, 20233 yr 22 minutes ago, Michael said: What would this mean for TV rights fees? Would MLB be getting more revenue through their own viewership and then distribute that? And how would you get all that on regular TV? channels would have to be set up for all of the affected clubs, no? Unless you only get an MLB Network ALT channel covering the team in your area?
February 15, 20233 yr Ugh I hope this doesn't upend Bally Sports Plus. Who knows what kind of shitshow we get with MLB taking things over so close to the start of the season. One bird in the hand....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.