3/31 Post Game

I asked AI if the Marlins should bring back the old logo and this is the reply it gave me. Notice there are a few inaccuracies in there.

There are many factors to consider when deciding whether or not a sports team should change their logo. Some of the most important factors include the team's history, the logo's popularity with fans, and the logo's ability to stand out from other teams in the league.

In the case of the Miami Marlins, the team's original logo was a teal marlin swimming through a silver circle. The logo was used from 1993 to 2011, and it was popular with fans. However, the team changed the logo in 2012 to a more modern design. The new logo features a black marlin leaping out of a white circle.

There are several reasons why the Marlins might consider changing back to their old logo. First, the teal marlin logo is a part of the team's history. The Marlins were founded in 1993, and the teal marlin logo was used for the team's first nine seasons. The logo is a symbol of the team's early success, and it would help the Marlins connect with their fans.

Second, the teal marlin logo is popular with fans. A recent poll of Marlins fans found that 70% of fans want the team to bring back the teal marlin logo. The logo is a part of the team's identity, and it would help the Marlins connect with their fans.

Third, the teal marlin logo is unique and distinctive. The Marlins have a long history of changing their logos, and they have worn a variety of logos over the years. The teal marlin logo is the only logo that the Marlins have ever worn that is not black, white, or orange. The teal marlin logo would help the Marlins stand out from other teams in Major League Baseball.

However, there are also some reasons why the Marlins might not want to change back to their old logo. First, the teal marlin logo is not as modern as the current logo. The current logo is a more modern design, and it is in line with the logos of other teams in Major League Baseball.

Second, the teal marlin logo is not as marketable as the current logo. The current logo is more marketable, and it would help the Marlins sell more merchandise.

Third, the teal marlin logo is not as popular with younger fans. Younger fans are more likely to be familiar with the current logo, and they are less likely to be interested in the teal marlin logo.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to change back to the old logo is up to the Marlins. There are both pros and cons to changing back to the old logo, and the team will need to weigh all of the factors before making a decision.

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I've never seen something get such near-universal agreement. From Marlins fans and MLB fans in general, I'd say 95% of the comments on twitter and reddit have been about switching the uniforms and logo back to the old look.

I'm now convinced an updated old look is coming back sooner or later. I was all for pushing forward with a new look and just having throwbacks here and there but eventually it's like trying to swim upstream. 

I think sometimes people are like pre programmed to want nostalgia and it's not really always the right move but this one is coming like it or not.

Just now, canada-marlin24 said:

I like it - but man that was a fast game. Fast wins feels great but I am sure a fast loss that feels rushed won't.

I was certainly happy that I wasn't getting home well after midnight on opening day driving from Miami back up to Orlando.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm now convinced an updated old look is coming back sooner or later. I was all for pushing forward with a new look and just having throwbacks here and there but eventually it's like trying to swim upstream. 

I think sometimes people are like pre programmed to want nostalgia and it's not really always the right move but this one is coming like it or not.

Nah that's not going to happen. They love these little throwback events.

If ownership doesn't change back to the old-school jerseys (preferably the teal pinstripes imo) and teal-black-silver color scheme within the next 5 years ...then they are incredible stubborn and stupid!

- It's a unique look. The color and jerseys stand out, and "pop".

- It's got championship history and fan nostalgia.

Maybe just tweak the Marlin on the old primary logo (the one with the silver circle) ever so slightly (just a tiny bit) to make it fresh for the modern times. Then switch the F cap logo to an M, and you're done! 

pOVCO5R.png

They'll instantly increase merch sales, generate buzz for the team, increase loyalty and please the fans! Then the rest is hard work after that (improving on-field product, investing money, etc). This (switching back to the old colors and logos) would be the easy work of "fixing" a franchise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Entendu said:

Nah that's not going to happen. They love these little throwback events.

Until the throwbacks are in the rotation full time, like once a week, every season. Then the throwback events aren't special anymore. And then, though it may take some time, eventually they do like the Padres and Blue Jays did and introduce a modernized version of their classic look. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Until the throwbacks are in the rotation full time, like once a week, every season. Then the throwback events aren't special anymore. And then, though it may take some time, eventually they do like the Padres and Blue Jays did and introduce a modernized version of their classic look. 

Coming in 2024

48 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I have to find the modernized version I did a few years ago before the current rebrand.

• Like 1