Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roster Moves! Jazz-Jeans Back in Style

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Stunned that Davis didn't go down from this. 

better OF defense than Hampson i guess.  I kinda consider both those guys to be almost the same style of player aside from Hampson being a tad more versatile in positions he can play.  IF is already hella crowded with joltin' Jean coming back up though now because you know he'll be in there starting.  and he seems to have a tiny bit more power in that swing of his.  I'm sure he'll be used to give Jazz some rest in CF primarily

JD home run sealed the deal. Plus a superior defensive CF than Hampson, and the Marlins already have Berti to fill in that super utility role now that Segura is back and Berti won’t be playing 3B every day.

Moves make sense.

I’m curious to see how the lineup will be tomorrow. Will they keep Arraez leading off which has really been a good move starting on June 1st, or revert straight back to Jazz leading off and Arraez batting 3rd.

I’m still crossing my fingers for a Arraez/Jazz 1-2 combo in any order.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hampson is Berti Lite, basically.

Just for fun, I always look for parallels between Marlins current seasons and the 2003 team.

Berti reminds me of Andy Fox, Wendle sort of reminds me of Mike Mordecai.

 

Let’s hope the Marlins pull a Todd Hollandsworth with Avi bench him for the remainder of the season. 😂

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

better OF defense than Hampson i guess.  I kinda consider both those guys to be almost the same style of player aside from Hampson being a tad more versatile in positions he can play.  IF is already hella crowded with joltin' Jean coming back up though now because you know he'll be in there starting.  and he seems to have a tiny bit more power in that swing of his.  I'm sure he'll be used to give Jazz some rest in CF primarily

I foresee a platoon with Jesus/godathan

Just figured Davis was only there to play CF and with Jazz back Davis has no role and of course Hampson can play the IF. 

Don't hate the move just surprised. 

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Just figured Davis was only there to play CF and with Jazz back Davis has no role and of course Hampson can play the IF. 

Don't hate the move just surprised. 

Yeah, the more I think about it, it would make more sense to have kept Hampson just because he can play INF as well. I actually prefer to have JD backing up Jazz in CF though. But I’m just thinking that the Fish only have one backup INF now.. Imagine if it’s like a situation where Yuli gets ejected from a game so Cooper comes in at 1B but then Segura goes back on IL during the game then Berti goes in at 3rd.. but then what if Wendle or Cooper have to leave game for whatever reason.. no one to cover them. Or I guess now that I think about it, Jazz would be the backup to backup worse case scenario INF and Berti is the backup to backup OF. So I guess they could cover things if it ever gets that extreme. 😂

3 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, it would make more sense to have kept Hampson just because he can play INF as well. I actually prefer to have JD backing up Jazz in CF though. But I’m just thinking that the Fish only have one backup INF now.. Imagine if it’s like a situation where Yuli gets ejected from a game so Cooper comes in at 1B but then Segura goes back on IL during the game then Berti goes in at 3rd.. but then what if Wendle or Cooper have to leave game for whatever reason.. no one to cover them. Or I guess now that I think about it, Jazz would be the backup to backup worse case scenario INF and Berti is the backup to backup OF. So I guess they could cover things if it ever gets that extreme. 😂

Confused No Idea GIF by G2 Esports

If you consider the opening day roster structure Davis is now taking Avi's spot and Hampson isn't needed because we have all the infielders we started the season with. That's what Skip started the season with so I guess that's what they're going for. 

14 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Just for fun, I always look for parallels between Marlins current seasons and the 2003 team.

Berti reminds me of Andy Fox, Wendle sort of reminds me of Mike Mordecai.

 

Let’s hope the Marlins pull a Todd Hollandsworth with Avi bench him for the remainder of the season. 😂

Maybe Avi's bus will get lost on the way back from Illinois?

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe Avi's bus will get lost on the way back from Illinois?

Maybe we can also put Jean on that bus???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.