July 15, 20242 yr Are these losers still not on Ballys? How do I watch them locally? I just moved into my new place and I'm trying to decide how I handle my tv services, probably between YouTube TV or regular cable but I wanna know if the Marlins are gonna be an option (or any local sports for that matter). If they're still not an option, how are the rest of you watching the games?
July 15, 20242 yr Bally+ ran the promo with the marlins for two free months. Also, Bally+ had a special price for I believe the next 6 months. For me, I have a rental condo that part of the association fee is cable with Fision Hotwire, so I am able to watch Bally on my Bally app and then cast to my TV by signing in with Hotwire as my provider. Reminds me of having to wait for Comcast to carry ACC network. Cannot believe how counter productive it is to not carry local teams. Who is losing when it is all settled.
July 15, 20242 yr Author So Ballys is still not carrying the Marlins? Meaning whether I get YouTube TV or cable i won't be seeing them anyways?
July 15, 20242 yr 30 minutes ago, fish53 said: Bally+ ran the promo with the marlins for two free months. Also, Bally+ had a special price for I believe the next 6 months. For me, I have a rental condo that part of the association fee is cable with Fision Hotwire, so I am able to watch Bally on my Bally app and then cast to my TV by signing in with Hotwire as my provider. Reminds me of having to wait for Comcast to carry ACC network. Cannot believe how counter productive it is to not carry local teams. Who is losing when it is all settled. That bally promo is such crap. I've tried to sign up multiple times and each time it says "invalid value entered" when I put in my zip code. I've tried multiple zips around here just in case. I contacted bally, who told me to contact the marlins, who told me to contact MLB.TV, who I couldn't get ahold of. Can't even watch this crap team for FREE if I wanted to.
July 15, 20242 yr 26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: So Ballys is still not carrying the Marlins? Meaning whether I get YouTube TV or cable i won't be seeing them anyways? Since when are they not carrying the Marlins?
July 15, 20242 yr Author 11 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Since when are they not carrying the Marlins? I could have sworn like in May nobody could watch the Marlins even if they had Ballys?
July 15, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, SilverBullet said: Are these losers still not on Ballys? How do I watch them locally? I just moved into my new place and I'm trying to decide how I handle my tv services, probably between YouTube TV or regular cable but I wanna know if the Marlins are gonna be an option (or any local sports for that matter). If they're still not an option, how are the rest of you watching the games? Mlbtv and use a VPN. Easy peasy
July 15, 20242 yr Author 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: I could have sworn like in May nobody could watch the Marlins even if they had Ballys? Oh I remembered it wrong... Comcast no longer carries Ballys.
July 15, 20242 yr I live in central Florida and they're still on for better or worse for me on Ballys
July 16, 20242 yr 14 hours ago, SilverBullet said: Oh I remembered it wrong... Comcast no longer carries Ballys. I'd guess like the Panthers, the Marlins will end up moving sooner than later anyway.
July 16, 20242 yr 5 hours ago, rmc523 said: I'd guess like the Panthers, the Marlins will end up moving sooner than later anyway. To Tennessee.
July 16, 20242 yr 38 minutes ago, Michael said: To Tennessee. I honestly wouldn't complain as long as they get a new owner to go with the move. I have no problems following them if they move.
July 16, 20242 yr 5 minutes ago, hovertical said: I honestly wouldn't complain as long as they get a new owner to go with the move. I have no problems following them if they move. I'd just switch to the Rays or simply become a fan of baseball as a whole.
July 16, 20242 yr 4 hours ago, Michael said: I'd just switch to the Rays or simply become a fan of baseball as a whole. why though? what's stopping you from switching to the Rays now then?
July 17, 20242 yr 10 hours ago, hovertical said: why though? what's stopping you from switching to the Rays now then? Marlins are still where they are.
July 17, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Michael said: Marlins are still where they are. You only answered half of those questions. Are you one of those weirdos who will only like in-state teams?
July 17, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, hovertical said: You only answered half of those questions. Are you one of those weirdos who will only like in-state teams? I'll like who I feel like liking. If I had moved out to Southern California for work at the end of last year like was planned at one point, I would have stuck with the Marlins, sure. But maybe not if they had moved out of state. At this point, I'd feel betrayed. Already we've been lied to by this group, not yet outright betrayed. Rays have been my second team for basically my entire baseball time, and yes, proximity mattered in that choice. So, if the Marlins move to Nashville or Montreal or wherever, Rays it is.
July 17, 20242 yr I've said it before - I'll just be done with baseball if we ever lose the Marlins. I don't love baseball that much to follow some far away team that is no longer "mine". I do have family in Nashville and travel there almost yearly (during holidays out of season), so I guess if they were to move anywhere, that'd be the most likely place for me to follow to, but still, I feel like I wouldn't really have enough of a connection to the team anymore to warrant following like I do now. Plus, I'm already not caring much with them still being here, why would I care if they moved elsewhere? Edited July 17, 20242 yr by rmc523
July 17, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, rmc523 said: I've said it before - I'll just be done with baseball if we ever lose the Marlins. I don't love baseball that much to follow some far away team that is no longer "mine". I do have family in Nashville and travel there almost yearly (during holidays out of season), so I guess if they were to move anywhere, that'd be the most likely place for me to follow to, but still, I feel like I wouldn't really have enough of a connection to the team anymore to warrant following like I do now. Plus, I'm already not caring much with them still being here, why would I care if they moved elsewhere? Yeah I follow the franchise/team, not the city. Id still follow them wherever they went and if MLB ever was dumb enough to give Miami another team I'd still stick with the original franchise wherever they may be.
July 19, 20242 yr I'm from Orlando; we have no real sports franchises here. I have a policy of not rooting for in-state teams because I just hate this state so much, except for the Marlins unfortunately because my late dad and I used to watch all their games and it's a sentimental thing. Thank you for letting me contribute to this discussion 48 hours late.
July 19, 20242 yr 53 minutes ago, mrchainsaw said: Thank you for letting me contribute to this discussion 48 hours late. No prob, anytime
July 19, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, mrchainsaw said: I'm from Orlando; we have no real sports franchises here. I have a policy of not rooting for in-state teams because I just hate this state so much, except for the Marlins unfortunately because my late dad and I used to watch all their games and it's a sentimental thing. Thank you for letting me contribute to this discussion 48 hours late. We ... ... we have the Magic. You diphthong.
July 19, 20242 yr 39 minutes ago, Michael said: We ... ... we have the Magic. Like I said, we have no real sports franchises.
July 19, 20242 yr Just now, mrchainsaw said: Like I said, we have no real sports franchises. And you're saying this right after Pat Williams, co-founder of the Magic, died. I should ban you on principle for this. But I'm too lazy right now.
July 22, 20242 yr On 7/19/2024 at 1:18 PM, Michael said: And you're saying this right after Pat Williams, co-founder of the Magic, died. I should ban you on principle for this. But I'm too lazy right now. Damn, I didn't even hear about that. RIP. (we still have no real sports franchises.)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.