Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/22 - Loss @ Astros, 8:10PM

Featured Replies

18 hours ago, LordMagnus said:

What are you selling?

Start with Hicks, Gus (if you can get anything decent), if you get a major haul I'd even consider moving Otto. I am not convinced that he can keep up at this level. He is never going to be worth more and middle inf is a very strong point in our farm system. Same for X. If you are serious about getting a long term deal for Sandy, great keep him. If its just talk and not going to happen then move him now while he is playing well. Honestly I'd prob wait until right before the deadline and give them a chance to turn things around.

Edited by flsportsfan83

5 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

And another fire sale?

Man I hope so but the team isn't making very much as it is compared to the other teams in the league. But man, would that ever be fantastic.

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Start with Hicks, Gus (if you can get anything decent), if you get a major haul I'd even consider moving Otto. I am not convinced that he can keep up at this level. He is never going to be worth more and middle inf is a very strong point in our farm system. Same for X. If you are serious about getting a long term deal for Sandy, great keep him. If its just talk and not going to happen then move him now while he is playing well. Honestly I'd prob wait until right before the deadline and give them a chance to turn things around.

I don't see the Marlins getting much of anything for these players. Trading them to get low to mid minor leaguers makes no sense to me.

  • Author
41 minutes ago, LordMagnus said:

I don't see the Marlins getting much of anything for these players. Trading them to get low to mid minor leaguers makes no sense to me.

Sounds like a Marlins plan to me....

3 hours ago, LordMagnus said:

I don't see the Marlins getting much of anything for these players. Trading them to get low to mid minor leaguers makes no sense to me.

Theres a lack of left handed contact type hitters out there with a little pop they can get something for hicks. Gus isn’t worth anything at this point better hold on and hope he figures out how to utilize the raw power.

Bender and some of the RPs could net us something.

They should prob trade Sandy but ok if they don’t

Edited by pollythewog

You trade Fairbanks and eat his salary. You're on the hook for it anyway. You pray a team wants to give him a shot. Even better if Braves or Phillies take him as a trojan horse.

Take a RP in low A or a soda machine with a soda for a year.

Either way, it'll be like making a big deal at the deadline and your just replacing him with a league average arm (which would be an upgrade).

10 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

You trade Fairbanks and eat his salary. You're on the hook for it anyway. You pray a team wants to give him a shot. Even better if Braves or Phillies take him as a trojan horse.

Take a RP in low A or a soda machine with a soda for a year.

Either way, it'll be like making a big deal at the deadline and your just replacing him with a league average arm (which would be an upgrade).

My opinion on Fairbanks is that big part of his issue is marlins FO has him throwing the 2 seam as his primary secondary pitch. His entire career he’s been a fastball slider guy. The slider is now his third pitch for first time ever when it’s primarily been his second.

The pitch grades out as a stuff plus monster which is why they’re doing that so I get it. In reality, the pitch has not been good and is in effect making his fastball worse too.

His value is as low as it’s been all season too so not sure what they can do here.

  • Author
1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

My opinion on Fairbanks is that big part of his issue is marlins FO has him throwing the 2 seam as his primary secondary pitch. His entire career he’s been a fastball slider guy. The slider is now his third pitch for first time ever when it’s primarily been his second.

The pitch grades out as a stuff plus monster which is why they’re doing that so I get it. In reality, the pitch has not been good and is in effect making his fastball worse too.

His value is as low as it’s been all season too so not sure what they can do here.

You'd think at some point they'd change course...

Why don't they just send down Marsee, and let Ruiz have a shot to be the everyday CF? He's got an .836 OPS, 22 steals in only 107 AB, chart that over 600 ABs he'd have over 100 SBs. I realize his numbers will almost certainly come back to earth a little bit, but performance wise he's done everything we could expect and more. Give Marsee a reset. You know, I'm not that surprised by Marsee's struggles. I think people got a bit overhyped on him with his great debut. He had a .672 OPS in almost 600 ABs at AA. His average at AA was .197. He had an .800 OPS at AAA. This is a guy that was up and down in the minors. He has to find consistency if he's going to last in this league. I expect he'll be usurped as the future CF by Cannarella by next year.

Edited by farmer_fran

2 hours ago, farmer_fran said:

Why don't they just send down Marsee, and let Ruiz have a shot to be the everyday CF? He's got an .836 OPS, 22 steals in only 107 AB, chart that over 600 ABs he'd have over 100 SBs. I realize his numbers will almost certainly come back to earth a little bit, but performance wise he's done everything we could expect and more. Give Marsee a reset. You know, I'm not that surprised by Marsee's struggles. I think people got a bit overhyped on him with his great debut. He had a .672 OPS in almost 600 ABs at AA. His average at AA was .197. He had an .800 OPS at AAA. This is a guy that was up and down in the minors. He has to find consistency if he's going to last in this league. I expect he'll be usurped as the future CF by Cannarella by next year.

Ruiz has been surprisingly effective against rhp this year (.750 ops) and has smashed lhp. Prob worth giving him a shot I agree.

His jump in BB rate has been a very promising sign for such a free swinger historically and elite speed

Edited by pollythewog

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.