Everything posted by PSLMARLIN
-
AJ Burnett trying to pull a Carl Pavano
I think this is a good thing for the Marlins . If this guy is going to play the way he says he will he deserves every penny . Second like everyone else stated , he goes 9-0 and we will be WS bound . No matter if they dont reach an agreement by All-star break he still has to keep his Numbers up so someone will pay him what he thinks he is worth . Thats why I have a feeling Juan Encarnacion is going to play his heart out this year also . You dont produce you wont get a good contract . Pro athletes have a tendency of playing their ass off in there last year of contract obligations. :thumbup
-
Would you rather?
what would you pick for 2005 1-take division crown and lose in playoffs 2-go as a wildcard and win it all? i want the division damnit :banghead 669559[/snapback] Obviously with that post you really arent smoking the good shiiit. Put the bong on the floor and back away from it slowly . :lolup
-
Toby Borland signs with Cardinals
thanks malman, now if I can get someone to put a marlins tattoo on them It would be perfect. Clear and cream , no one told me there were anabolics in that, Shoot ! i knew i shouldnt have used it for my jock itch
-
Toby Borland signs with Cardinals
I know of one.........BALKO
-
Arizona's Vazquez may still be a viable option
I come to this website at LEAST 20 times per day during work . There are times where i would say wow we have some pretty knowlegable members on this site, and other times,LIKE NOW I think to myself what the hell am I doing wasting my time reading this crap. It's great to have opinions on both sides of an issue, It gives you alot more to think about . But when you keep pounding the LoDuca issue in a post that has nothing to do with him , it's frigging annoying. We have discussed this many times. lets not drag this crap into another thread.
-
Baseball America Top Ten Marlins Prospects
Great info , thanks for the good reading . good things to look foward to , Marlins have a great future lets see if they can play their cards right .
-
Huizenga wants to put retractable roof on the Pro
I never implied that he was doing any of this for revenge . There is no reason for that , Sheer profit would be his reason . Now on the part of him not wanting to get into baseball im not so sure of that . There is only one way for an Owner to make a profit in baseball . Own the stadium or your Lease agreement on it . be it profits from parking , lux suites , food and drink sales . If Wayne sees that there is Profit to be made dont be so sure about him owning another Baseball team .
-
Huizenga wants to put retractable roof on the Pro
First off let me start by saying i cant stand the man . Now second let me start by saying , this guy is a money making Guru . Call me crazy but don't be suprised if WH owns the Marlins again within the next 4 years . Heres my take on this . Wayne is making it next to impossible for the Marlins owner to make a profit or even keep his head above water while owning the team. Now say this Marlins stadium deal doesnt go thru , I think the most realistic option is for Loria to sell the Marlins, WH steps up with his State of the Art , Retractable roof stadium and VOILA!!! you have a perfect canidate for new owner . Now im not saying this is Something I would want , God know how much I hate Huizenga. Not to mention Wayne has a hell of alot of pull with Miami officials and the State.....and the mob but we wont go there, that he can make it very hard for the Marlins to seal a stadium deal . THOUGHTS, COMMENTS , FLAMES.
-
Arizona's Vazquez may still be a viable option
Marlins Guru what Ace are you talking about ? If your talking about AJ, I think the story is getting Vazquez WITHOUT giving up AJ. If they were talking about trading AJ for Vazquez which they are not , I would whole heartedly agree with you.
-
Marlin Signings
I think the starting 5 are going to do great . If most of them play to their potential, you can count on being in the playoff for sure.
-
Derek Lowe : A perfect fit
I know this guy's agent is Boras, and that alone is a big enough reason not to go after him. But what do you all think about getting this guy? And what type of money would we be looking at to land him ? I have always liked D. Lowe , he is an awsome ground ball pitcher, combined with Marlins amazing Infield D . Perfect fit if you ask me .
-
POLL: How many Marlins games you usually attend?
I live in Port St. Lucie so I only go to around 20-30 games a year . If I lived within a 40 mile radius I would probably go to at least 50 games a year.
-
Marlin's Catcher
Albcuba , I dont know if were thinking of the same Jason Kendall ? But the one I know that was playing for the Pirates and now plays for the A's and posted these stats: G AB H 2B 3B HR RBI R BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS 147 574 183 32 0 3 51 86 60 41 11 8 .319 .399 .390 .789 is worth every penny pirates paid him .
-
A.J. Pierzynski and Jaque Jones?
"Baseball is about winning. 2003 wouldn't have been so nice for you had the Marlins not even made the playoffs." Fish Fry your attitude is commendable , I do think your rooting for the wrong team though , If winning is everything Yankees might be the team for you . Every year is nice for me watching a sport and a team that I love with friends and family , Playoffs is a bonus and World Series is even better . Unless you make a living off your team making the playoffs , you need to sit back and enjoy the game drink a couple brews and enjoy the great plays and the close calls , now to me thats what baseball is about .
-
A.J. Pierzynski and Jaque Jones?
I just dont understand the Problem you guys have with LoDuca . He is an awsome baseball story . The guy hustles on every play , plays hurt , and is one of the most agresssive ball players I have seen in a long time . There are some players on our team who have triple the talent and a quarter of his heart and love for the game . I am amazed that most of you dont like to hear the "Nice Guy" song and dance, but I sure as hell love it . Baseball to me is about giving your best and overcoming odds Marlins 2003 was just that . Marlins 97 was a bought win just like every Yankees world series win for the past 10 years . I know nice guys dont win games but in 2003 the nice guys won .
-
Benitez "needed a day off?"
To be honest with you i dont think Mando has looked good since his stint on the DL . Just my opinion , The other day when we played Expos and Mota closed out the game, had me wondering big time . Has Mando been overworked compared to other Closer's ? my guess would be no .
-
Pavs quotes from Sports Illustrated
If Scott Boras is his agent we wont be seeing Pavs next year, that guy loves money more than Honor .
-
Kruk: "The Marlins are the most complete team..."
Phishphan I think your in the wrong Forum . The METS forums is a block down the superhighway from here . Last thing Marlins or its fans need is some guy like you rooting for our team . You know the old Addage If you have nothing nice to say.............Shut your PIE HOLE
-
Remember the guy who got Cabrera's bat?
That my friends is what you call a Shittbag , A money hungy shittbag. People like this should not even claim they are any type of sports fan . More than likely a New York Mets fan .
-
Mota a future closer?
You know the great thing is that we have alot of great pitching options as far as closer and setup
-
The Marlins In July... (Yeah, it took a while...)
Great work Ninjaubi , I'm already anticipating the Aug. video . Keep up the awsome work. :thumbup
-
My Visit to Miller Park
Are you sure you werent the Ball Boy for this game ? Pics look like they were taken by the ball boy that sits by the on deck circle. Really nice pics .
-
Turning Point Tonight?
Good post Chin , Pauli has been lights out for us since he got here . You can tell how well liked he is in the dugout , I have a feeling Jack will stir up some words for the Fish and get them pumped . I cant wait for this game . GO FISH !!!
-
We have one putrid offense.
Is it me or does Encarnacion look like he has better things to do than play baseball when he is in the field and at the plate . That guy looks down right lazy .
-
Off Season
Admin your 99.9 % right ,why in the hell would a guy keep pouring money into a lost cause with poor fan support and an absolutely horrible Stadium lease . He is in a Lose/Lose situation with that combo . As for his performance as an owner I think his GM is the man making things happen. But chosing the right guy like Beinfest is what makes someone a good owner .