Everything posted by MikeLowell
-
Getting Props on ESPN
I've heard Buster Olney give us a good amount of credit. Didn't he say a week or two ago that we are the real deal and will be in the race come September?
-
How long have you been a Marlins fan.
I was too young in '93 to really be a "Marlins fan". Probably around 1995 I really started watching Baseball and the Marlins.
-
Dreams coming true...
I remember when I was kid I would regularly have a dream where I fell off some cliff and landed face first into the ground. Never came true but I've been told that I would flail at times in my bed then finish off with a small jump equaling the impact. Most likely me thinking I'm falling like a meteor towards the ground. So to some extent, my dream came true. ^_^ I've had a similar dream but instead of falling off a cliff I would just trip and fall and my body would just jump and i'd wake up instantly. That happens to me every night just about. Usally something like a baseball heading right for my face.
-
Which World Series was more exciting?
1997. I remember my mom and I jumping off the couch screaming and my dog wonderring what the hell was going on when Edgar drove in the winning run.
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
Andrew (Hollywood, FL): Pat Riley has made it clear that Rose is at the top of his board. What do you think the future looks like if Rose goes first and the Heat take Beasley? Chad Ford: Good. I think Beasley would be a good fit on the Heat. I think he can play with Marion and Wade. However, it sounds like given the choice, they might opt to trade the pick or ... I'm hearing they'll also seriously consider O.J. Mayo. He's here working out with Dwyane Wade. I think they'd actually be a better combo in the backcourt than Wade-Rose because O.J. can really shoot the ball. If we take Mayo over Beasley at #2 I am going to be pissed. Hell, if we trade the pick I am going to be pissed. I don't care who we'd get back. Why must Riley always make a trade? He's in a win-win situation right now.
-
So.. who comes out of the Bullpen
to make the Game Thread if XxFactor isn't able to do it? We need that sweep.
-
Diamondbacks @ Marlins 5/21 - 7:10 PM
Did the Dback annoucer just say Treanor is a very good hitter? Upon further review.. yes, yes he did.
-
Diamondbacks @ Marlins 5/21 - 7:10 PM
Did the Dback annoucer just say Treanor is a very good hitter?
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
Even before Chicago won the NBA draft lottery Tuesday (and the chance to draft Memphis point guard and Chicago native Derrick Rose if it chooses), an Eastern Conference executive said the Bulls appeared willing to consider dealing point guard Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich now becomes a possible Heat trade option if the Bulls take Rose first and leave Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley for the Heat at No. 2. Ben Maller per Miami Hearald Wonder what we'd give up for Hinrich? Maybe Haslem and Banks to make room for Beasley at PF?
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
Ok guys, who do the Bulls take 1st overall? After thinking about it, I think they will take Beasley. Hinrich has a big salary and is coming off a down year. It would be easier for them to make room for Beasley by trading Gooden who has a more reasonable contract and is a solid PF than it would to make room for Rose.
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
I wonder how starbrownies is feelin' right about now.
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
So who do the Bulls pick? They have Hinrich at the point and Gooden/TyrusThomas at PF. Should be interesting.
-
Heat get the #2 overall pick
That would suck but if we don't get a top 2 pick, I want Brook Lopez. He may not end up being a superstar but he should be a good player. He has great height and is a solid rebounder and shot blocker. Not to mention he is turning into a very good free throw shooter. I'd be fine with drafting him if we can't land Beasley or Rose.
-
If the Heat draft Beasley..
Orlando may call about Haslem.. again. If the Miami Heat decide to take power forward Michael Beasley of Kansas State in the draft, the Magic will be on the phone immediately trying to get Udonis Haslem, whom they pursued back in February. And it might not be too painful to get him now. A pair of future first-round picks, J.J. Redick and a sign-and-trade with Carlos Arroyo -- who wants to play there -- might do the trick. The Magic would have the toughness they need around the basket, allowing Tony Battie to become the backup at both front-court positions. Beasley, though, is the key. Ben Maller per Orlando Sentinel --- I would have a mixed reaction about this. On one hand, Udonis is a very good, young PF. On the other hand, he would be our backup PF and to get two first round picks for him would set us up nicely for the future with the addition of Beasley.
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
I saw yesterday a site that had the Marlins selecting Brett Wallace 1B/3B Arizona St. That would be fine with me the kid is a hitting machine, His skills would actually transfer well to the wooden bat What is so cool is that it also has selecting his teammate Ike Davis 1B/OF/LHP in the 3rd round. Wallace was moved over to 3rd base so Davis could play 1st. Would it be something to have them both drafted by the same organization...Davis is son of Ron Davis fomer reliever of the Yankees and Twins http://mlbdraftsite.com/ Wow, he has Posey going at 46.
-
Problems with my GirlFriend
I would call her on it. Ask her why she would set up a profile on another site when she already has a boyfriend. If she gives a bogus excuse, let her go because she probably isn't worth your time.
-
Possible Target?
Bengie Molina. Solid catcher who wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg.
-
Potential Running Mates for Obama
Just say no to Richardson. Hillary Clinton would be awesome though.
-
So who do you want the Marlins to draft?
Just got done watching the 1st and 10 interview with FSU's Buster Posey and it got me thinking about who I would want the Marlins to take. If he somehow slips to #6 I would love for them to take Posey. Seeing as I don't see that happening, I hope they open up their pockets a little more and draft Brian Matusz. He is going to be an absolute beast. So far this the year he is 10-2 with a 2.05 era and 122 strikeouts in 88 innings. As a Sophmore he went 10-3 with a 2.85 era and 163 strikeouts in 123 innings. Stacks our minor league pitching even more.
-
5/13 -- Marlins at Reds
Volquez is a beast but I have faith in Hendrickson.
-
Zo Expected Back
Alonzo Mourning is expected to play next season, barring a health issue, according to several of his associates. http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...rn_next_season/
-
Fish of the Week (5/5 - 5/11)
Had to go with Uggla. What a stud.
-
Things to make this team better
I wouldn't mind trading for Bengie Molina if we are in the race around the deadline.
-
PTI guys discuss Marlins
I liked Paige, untill now.
-
2008 NBA Draft
Beasley. He has alot more upside than Rose in my personal opinion. Rose will be good but I think Beasley is going to be great. For a 6'9" player his ball handling skills are damn near insane and he can score just about everyway. Not to mention he is a beast on the boards.