Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MRMarlin93

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MRMarlin93

  1. It?s probably best to get this out of the way from the outset: I am not a sports guy and if I were, baseball would still rank pretty low among my interests. This is important because I?m about to fill you readers in on preview time spent with Sony?s PlayStation 3-exclusive baseball sim MLB 09: The Show. And while it?s not going to change the opinions of those who prefer other sports or no sports at all, the 2009 edition of The Show looks as though it will offer a deeper, more fulfilling simulation than ever before, with the added benefit of amped up visuals and player-tailored features. I remember walking out of a demo of MLB 08 around this time last year feeling unimpressed by what I?d seen. Simulation aside, the character models looked decidedly last-gen, the stadiums were light on detail and the whole package felt more like a PS2.5 release than something worthy of the PS3?s powerful hardware. The game ended up pleasing the critics, but my untrained eye remained unimpressed. This year ? forgive the punny clich? ? was a whole new ballgame. Not only are there apparently loads of new animations to supplement last year?s loads, but all of the virtual players now move with the fluid grace of a trained professional. Minor, inconsequential movements, such as preparatory mini-kicks to the dirt or a gently swaying bat-at-the-ready, look natural and add an immense amount of lifelike character to what you?re seeing onscreen. That?s not to say the screen is bursting with photorealism. You won?t see individual blades of grass (or is it Astroturf now?) or clouds of dust kicked up with every step taken in the runner?s lanes. But the level of visual detail seems considerably improved for next year?s offering over MLB 08. The Sony reps even informed us that the fans who gather for each game ? speaking of, our demo unfolded at the Mets? new Citi Field ? will dress according to the surrounding weather conditions. There are other new elements to MLB 09?s presentation as well. Transitional lighting effects will give the impression of time passing, as natural light moves from day to dusk and dusk to night during afternoon and evening games. What?s more, gamers will be able to use a built-in music editor(?!) to cut up and edit walk-up music and the like. A voice recorder even allows for user-created crowd yells. Just don?t expect the Sony Cops to enable the sharing of potentially AO-rated chants online. That?s probably for the best. There are feature additions as well, but this is where my lack of interest in the sport begins to have repercussions. Salary arbitration, trade rights and 40-man rosters will all now factor into the game?s team management-focused decisions. The created player-focused ?Road to the Show Mode? will also now offer a full practice mode in which players can improve their stats (or hurt them, if things go sour). And finally, expect to see more crowd interactions, team mascots, field wear as each game progresses and ? of course ? Trophy support. Baseball may not be my forte, but I recognize quality in a video game when I see it. MLB 09 exudes it, at least in its general presentation. How the simulation stacks up against past efforts will take many hours and the attentions of gamers with far more enthusiasm for the sport than I possess. That said, our demo time gave the impression of a polished, immersive experience designed to please the most ardent fans of America?s pastime. Link
  2. I haven't played the online multiplayer yet but the game is awesome.
  3. MRMarlin93 replied to Fish4Life's topic in Off-Topic
    Finally, a non New York player.
  4. Why do we always trade to NL East teams? Why do we always trade fan favorites and they expect people to show up to the games? :banghead I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW
  5. a bunch of a$$holes if ya ask me
  6. Fredi is a good manager. People are way too quick to blame managers and want their heads.
  7. I will always believe in our Fish. :gofishb :wave :gofish :wave :gofisht
  8. Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug.
  9. Well, for those of you in SoFla....GO TO THE GAME! RAB CAN YOU TAKE ME :whistle Post of the year if you ask me. :notworthy As for MLB TV, I'm getting MASN 2 but there is no commentary. I'm getting MASN with commentary. :mis2 Yeah, it came in a few minutes after saying that.
  10. Well, for those of you in SoFla....GO TO THE GAME! RAB CAN YOU TAKE ME :whistle Post of the year if you ask me. :notworthy As for MLB TV, I'm getting MASN 2 but there is no commentary.
  11. I just got an email from mlb.com stating that starting tonight , if you are a MLBTV Premium subscriber, you can now get home and away broadcast feeds. I don't know about anybody else but this excites the hell out of me. 162 Marlins Tv Broadcasts :notworthy
  12. I am definitely going to have to tune in for that.
  13. PTI all the way. Mike and Mike are worthless hacks. They barely talk about sports and when they do its some stupid conversation about end celebrations or what Chad Johnson is saying this week. They only talk for five minutes and then there is 10 minutes of ESPN Sportcenter updates. Rant over/
  14. MRMarlin93 replied to Michael's topic in Off-Topic
    I played the demo and didn't think it was very good.
  15. I'm not a fan of the Miami name change BUT these uniforms would be awesome.
  16. PSN: Lou-igi Resistance, Gran Turismo 5 Prologe, Motorstorm, MLB 08, Eye of Judgement, Warhawk
  17. do you know if the road to the shwo thing is good or not because i liked the thing on madden and what rating would you give the game. is ps3 better than xbox 360 I like my PS3 the most but my 360 is bad ass as well.
  18. I don't know how many others play regularly, but we could set up a night where we start a party and f*** up objective and team deathmatch MB.com style. I'm down for that. :thumbup
  19. I'm just mets_bs on PS3. Are you a mets fan? Yes. Mainly play Resistance, GTA 4, PES online. I just got Resistance again. I'm glad to see there are still people playing.
  20. Mine is Ns2003. If any1 wants to play, i got MLB 08 the show, and college hoops 2k8. I will add you as well. I haven't gotten around to playing MLB 08 online yet. I just didn't want to game with cheaters and people that like to slow up the game. yeah bro i know what you mean, i havent played it online either. The only baseball game I ever played consistently online was mVP 05, cuz everyone always bitches about balls and strikes or then they quit... It should be about having fun and talking a little baseball.
  21. Mine is Ns2003. If any1 wants to play, i got MLB 08 the show, and college hoops 2k8. I will add you as well. I haven't gotten around to playing MLB 08 online yet. I just didn't want to game with cheaters and people that like to slow up the game.
  22. If any marlins fan has a PS3, you can add me on PSN. MY account name is ashraf1992. Always happy to see a fellow PA Fish fan I'll add when I get home.
  23. He has always been a solid pitcher. I would have no problem getting him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.