Everything posted by roman totale
-
Florida Marlins vs. Cincinnati Reds -- 9/27, 7:05 PM
CPR looks like poo If it looks like poo...
-
What do you think?
In your opinion, will we have a Memorandum of Understanding for a new stadium in South Fla by Opening Day 2007? No - I really don't think Marlins, MLB and all the SoFla corrupt bastards they have to deal with can get it together. Irrespective of what's been said so far, I would not be in the least bit surprised to see the Marlins at Dolphins Stadium long term. Which city will end up on top; Miami or Hialeah? *If* anything ever happens, it will be Miami. Which site do you believe will benefit the Marlins greatest in the long run? Why? Miami. More of an impulse setting and more flashy than Hialeah and 'flash' sells. Which site do you prefer? Why? Miami - as above. On a scale of 1-10, how important is a retractable roof on a new stadium to you? 10. How many games will it save? Not that many, but it will ease people's perceptions. Where do you live? City/County Pembroke PinesHow old are you? 37 Are you a season ticket holder? Yes, partial How many games do you attend a year? around 25 How long does it take you to get from your home to Dolphin Stadium? 20mins If a stadium is built in Downtown Miami, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? (With and without retractable roof) Around the same. I just don't have the free time to go to any more. If a stadium is built in Hialeah, will you go to more or less games than you currently do? ditto.
-
Marlins at Mets - September 19 - 7:10 PM
Have to find out what we've got with him going forward. So far, it doesn't look too promising. Resop=Messenger. Neither of them are good enough...
-
Jesus Camp
Scary, scary sh*t. Half of me wants to see it, the other half just wants to make sure those adults running the place are locked up for child-abuse...
-
Girardi
In terms of his personality, I'm not sure I'd want to be stuck in an elevator for too long with him. Although he seems like a good fit for the needs of the team right now. He's straight-laced, disciplined and it does look like he gives the guys some space in which to make their own decisions. For sure, he's made some odd decisions in-game, but every manager does that. Overall, I like him.
-
Is Pluto a Planet?
The proposal (from BBC Website) According to this definition, two conditions must be satisfied for an object to qualify as a planet: The object must be in orbit around a star, but must not itself be a star It must have enough mass for the body's own gravity to pull it into a nearly spherical shape Seems like a good enough definition to me. Planets have to be more or less spherical to be taken seriously. This would leave us with the 8 'Classical' planets. 3 'Plutons', Pluto, Charon and UB313 and one asteroid, Ceres, just outside the orbit of Mars.
-
Gas to break Record
OK my mistake. I thought they had a fed sales tax system over there There's one of those too = 17.5% You live in England? I'm from there, but live now in Broward. Can't afford to go back...
-
Gas to break Record
I believe england also doesnt have an income tax :blink: I wish. Base rate income tax is 23%, plus 11% for 'National Insurance' = 34% Anything you earn over ~$50k is taxed at 40%+11% = 51%
-
What a series...
Most interesting/ exciting home series since, I dunno, maybe the Giants in the 2003 playoffs... Great atmosphere at the ball park - especially tonight. Had to laugh and wave at all the Mutts fans pouring towards the exits after Miggy's triple...
-
.500 or Bust
I know I'm not the first to say it, but Aug 15th at the Dodgers is the day...
-
Off day discussion - Girardi next year
Giradi strikes me as a very down to earth and honest guy. He knows that 1 year of success with the Marlins does not make him a proven good manager. For this reason alone, he'll not be going anywhere at the end of this year, not matter how tempting the offer (emotionally and financially).
-
Update: Bush Vetos Stem-Cell Bill
Someone who can only judge issues based on their own narrowly-held beliefs is not fit to be President. .. and that's the truth, unless you want to be living under Sharia Law or some other crap. The "god will judge me" attitude to policy decisions is a slap in the face to the populace who are supposed to be being represented here and also the political and cultural advancement of the country and the world in general. The weren't called the 'Dark Ages' for nothing... Of course, it's also the rational of the suicide bomber..
-
Thoughts on the great homestand.
Great atmosphere at the game today, I've not seen so many fans smiling and talking to complete strangers since the back end of 2003. People are really enjoying how the guys are playing at the moment - we could've been buried in the first, but the character really came through and it was a delight to see...!
-
Three Gitmo prisoners hang themselves
an act of asymmetric warfare against us." WTF? :blink: "We can't extract ourselves from this mess we've got into, so we'll keep finding new BS terminology to describe it..." This is almost as laughable as Chemical Ali...
-
Liberal/Conservative? measure where you stand
A good bit of nonsense to kill 5 mins... -1.88/-6.26 So everyone is to the left? Economically, it seems so... maybe a lot of the posturing that goes on in this forum is, in fact, a facade.... :mischief
-
Tix for Mutts game on Sunday
As much as I'd love to see Nolasco tomorrow - I can't make it as I need to stay at home and nurse Mrs Totale back to health! Therefore, I've two tickets for section 249 - club level behind home plate. $15 each - PM me if you're interested. The only catch is that you'd need to pick them up from me in Pembroke Pines (west of I75). As a last resort I could give them to a work colleague who is a Mutts fan - but please don't make me do that!
-
Not beating a dead horse, looking for some help
Everything said about the stadium is right (it's even an awful venue to watch a football game!). 3 other/ extended comments from my point of view: 1) Lack of anything else to do around DS. Going there for a baseball game is a complete time drain. Because there is nothing else to do or see around there all of the commute time is totally 'dead time' which bookends your day out at the game. If the stadium had something else to do around it, you can make a day out - go for a meal, cinema, something to eat whatever. Research shows that the greatest shopping trip inside a store will be spoilt in the consumers mind by a 5 minute wait at the checkout. Going to DS is a similar experience - get in - get out. Only the game provides any enjoyment. It's location means that the vast majority of fans have that experience. It's location may be equitable for all, but it's convenient for no-one. 2) The stadium is way too big and the gap between supply and demand is enormous. Everyone knows that you can just turn up and sit where you want. Ownership of a ticket has no cache whatsoever, so the incentive to get a ticket or even use it if you have one is low. When was the last time you heard someone say "wow you've got tixs to the Marlins game tonight". A new, smaller stadium will help with this to an extent. Both the Red Sox and Cubs have been able to go into these 'rabid fan' eras fairly easily since they have small stadiums. They only needed to improve on the field a little in order to get the few extra fans in and hit this 'tipping point'. No team would fill DS day in day out. 3) The team is marketed appallingly. The Marlins have no clue whatsoever on this...
-
miami heat vs marlins on saturday night their on same time
Some of the stuff basketball players can do around the hoop is incredible. However, that doesn't stop it being the dullest sport on earth...
-
Marlin Walk-Up Songs
Helms has AJ Burnett's old Marilyn Manson tune. Not a fan myself, so I don't know the name of it...
-
4/12 Game Thoughts
Would agree with all the Reed/ Abercrombie comments - these guys are just not up to the job. Maybe one day... During last year or so, I was a supporter of Aguila, eager to see what he could do with a little more playing time. I know it's still early but I honestly don't think he's good enough either. Jacobs has a sweet swing - just a pity he uses it at every f###in' pitch he faces. Shadez is the man, but we all know that anyway. Uggla's hustle is also impressive.
-
todays attendance
Just got back and I think by the final out there were more mermaids than fans left in the stands! I really don't care, I love the team, plus my kid likes to walk around, so there's plenty of space for him to do so..!
-
California city bans smoking in public places
I don't have the precise details to hand, but basically it involves the use of numbers that are not actually statistically significant using any kind of analysis of variance. The study shows that cancer-rates in second-hand smokers is X, the rate in those not exposed to second hand smoke is Y. The difference between X and Y is not statistically significant. However, X is Z times the size of Y, so the anti-smoking brigade go around telling everyone that if you are exposed to second-hand smoke you are Z times more likely to get cancer. Scientifically, it's complete BS. I'm a non-smoker, by the way.
-
Noah's Ark discovered by satellite?
Yeah - 'course it's Noah's Ark Very old news that gets dragged up every now and then on a slow news day... http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20..._noahs_ark.html Just out of interest, if the story is true then how, for example, did all the kangaroos get down to Australia and not bother to stay anywhere inbetween? They couldn't have been cut off by continental drift because doesn't the bible say that the earth's only 20,000 years old or something...?
-
The Marlins marketing people are getting desperate... *PIC*
if you have an established audience you have to find ways to appeal to people outside of it and that this does. True. I first saw the ad at the weekend in one of the newspapers and thought it was a pretty smart idea. That said, it wouldn't have been rocket-science to have sent season-ticket holders (myself included) something more appropriate...
-
I am excited about this team
Hands up who really *didn't* see this current situation coming? Be honest now... I don't think they will leave town and I'm looking forward to seeing this young team next year. You're right, it'll be up and down, but a season around the .500 mark shouldn't be out of the question, even though that will probably mean dead last in the NL East.