Everything posted by rolando8291
-
Jose lima
Marlins could send encarnation,strokes or and niner gives us a Lima and NAbraham?posibly valdez if nessasary?frees salary and gives us a six starter? :drool ? :cheers 679811[/snapback] Dude are you stupid Enc is alone is better than Lima and sending a top prospect is just retarded 679879[/snapback] i agree 680110[/snapback] Just a thought 680112[/snapback] For Enc, Conine Stokes and Valdez you can get an Allstar pitcher, not Jose Lima :plain 680113[/snapback] and conine is not trade bait he's going to retire a marlin damn it :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
-
Jose lima
Marlins could send encarnation,strokes or and niner gives us a Lima and NAbraham?posibly valdez if nessasary?frees salary and gives us a six starter? :drool ? :cheers 679811[/snapback] Dude are you stupid Enc is alone is better than Lima and sending a top prospect is just retarded 679879[/snapback] i agree
-
Hurricane debacle
ur an idiot what kind of retard posts that stupid &^%$& 679592[/snapback] Ok fella, why don't read my other 350 posts before you call me stupid. That was uncalled for. I was a little tipsy last night (Super Bowl and all), and I have this strange logic when I drink. I tend to 'think' when I drink. It gets out of hand sometimes. At least I didn't cause anyone harm, or hurt anyone's feelings. And I must say that I am very proud of myself for spelling everything correctly, and maintaining complete sentences. But please, chill out with the hate posts. I'm an intelligent college student, and I'd like to consider myself a rational and progressive thinker. I like to talk about the Marlins, and I love controversy and confrontation. Hate me if you will, but it won't do you any good. This is me. The hurricane schpiel was the anti-me (sort of) 679931[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :thumbup
-
You guys remember Travis Chick right?
Well, I won't regret that trade until Chick gets to the majors and produces better than Valdez. Also, it's not likely we would have ended up using Chick in our rotation. With guys like Olsen and Bazardo ahead of him and with much better stuff, he would have been hard pressed to crack our rotation. Maybe we could have used him in a trade for a better player than Valdez, though. 679375[/snapback] i agree
-
Cabrera showing Pujols-like talent
The only thing that Cliff Floyd ever threatened was to spend the summer on the DL. 678971[/snapback] Floyd is a fine ballplayer and human being. How can you degrade someone of that talent? He made it to the major leagues. He paid his dues. He worked his butt off and earned a big contract. I don't see you doing that. Until you manage to play professional baseball, I don't want to hear you speak like that about an athlete. They've accomplished something some people can only dream of thinking about. :plain 679294[/snapback] Perhaps you were having your diaper changed for the two plus years Cliff Floyd bad-mouthed this franchise and it's ownership after trying unsuccessfully to extort a $10+ million a year deal from the Fish. As for his affability, work ethic and his caliber of play, when healthy he's a good ballplayer without doubt. I'd take a healthy Cliff Floyd over alot of other players anytime. And for the record, "degrade" was your word, not mine. Unfortunately history shows (108 games in 2003, 113 games in 2004, approximately five of those in each season as a pinch-hitter) he can't be counted on to contribute year in, year out. As for my comments regarding baseball players in general and the sacrifices and commitment they make (both at the major and minor league level), no one, repeat no one, has been more vocal than I have on this board regarding the level of esteem I have for them, to my own detriment. I certainly don't need nor do I deserve a lecture from you regarding my post. Maybe I should just chalk up your comment to the fact you may have missed your nap time today. 679371[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :thumbup
-
Cabrera showing Pujols-like talent
Yea i was going to say Bobby Bo and Cliff Floyd. They were threatening left handed hitters. 678919[/snapback] The only thing that Cliff Floyd ever threatened was to spend the summer on the DL. 678971[/snapback] Floyd is a fine ballplayer and human being. How can you degrade someone of that talent? He made it to the major leagues. He paid his dues. He worked his butt off and earned a big contract. I don't see you doing that. Until you manage to play professional baseball, I don't want to hear you speak like that about an athlete. They've accomplished something some people can only dream of thinking about. :plain 679294[/snapback] but he never put up 30Hrs and 120+ RBIs season,he was alway injured.
-
Besides Delgado which player would hurt the most
I can't disagree that Miggy is the guy you don't want to see out of the lineup, but that said, Juan Pierre is the engine that runs the Fish. If anyone saw the encore game earlier this week it was a good reminder of how important JP is to this team. Getting JP (and Castillo) on base early is the key to the success of the guys batting 3-4-5. Maybe one day Beinfest will decide to build the team differently but until then you have to have your head examined to conjure up a lineup without JP. 677084[/snapback] i agree :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :thumbup
-
Your Opinion Please!!!
Whoa You learn something new everyday. 677005[/snapback] Yep One time, I learned what 2+2 was... I was a year old 677006[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :ramp
-
What Marlin numbers will be retired?
I don't know about Sheffield.? I agree with the other ones.? A few others have a shot too... if they stay with the team long enough and perform up to their potential.? Beckett and D-Train. 677117[/snapback] Sheffield was here a pretty long time. If he ever makes it to the Hall of Fame, I am pretty confident he'll go in as a Marlin. And I don't see Beckett, only because I believe he is lost once free agency hits. But Willis and possibly Juan Pierre, if they stay, are definitely suitors. 677121[/snapback] sheffield said he enjoyed his more with yankees than he ever did with the marlins
-
i don't if this has been up yet
Let me give up a headsup on how to find out of something's already been posted. In the upper right part of this website's screen is a "Search" function. Copy and paste a few words or a phrase from what you want to post. In a few seconds you'll know if it's been posted or not. 677105[/snapback] thanks :thumbup
-
i don't if this has been up yet
BERARDINO: Delgado, Lo Duca will face comparisons to Pudge, Lee Published January 29, 2005 It's a fascinating question, one with as many layers as any you could pose about South Florida's ever-intriguing baseball franchise. Which combination of players would you rather have: Paul Lo Duca and Carlos Delgado or Pudge Rodriguez and Derrek Lee? Since winning their second World Series in 2003, the Marlins have made a number of tweaks and adjustments to their roster. As all teams do. Armando Benitez has come and gone. Juan Encarnacion has left and returned. Ramon Castro has risen and fallen and subsequently disappeared. Three-quarters of the World Series rotation (Carl Pavano, Brad Penny and Mark Redman) now works elsewhere. But essentially, the two biggest changes have come at first base and catcher. Last winter, in the name of financial intelligence, the Marlins cut ties with a pair of Gold Glove defenders who also happen to swing potent bats. That would be Rodriguez and Lee, who wound up signing for a combined $62.5 million with the Tigers and Cubs, respectively. One year later, the Marlins are aglow with the possibilities of a lineup that includes Lo Duca and Delgado. Like the men they replaced, one is signed for three years, the other four. Combined price tag: $70 million. With the savings, the Marlins could have bought themselves another Al Leiter. Or maybe signed Benitez to a two-year contract before last season instead of renting the most dominant closer in franchise history. There's also the harder-to-measure idea that retaining Rodriguez and Lee a year ago might have helped the team avoid a third-place fade in the National League East. Instead 2004 goes down as a wasted year that only brought A.J. Burnett, Josh Beckett, Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, Juan Pierre and other franchise jewels one year closer to free agency. Who knows? Maybe the stadium deal is done by now if Rodriguez and Lee had stayed. And so the question is posed again: Whom would you rather have? On the surface, you might assume it's the current combination, hands-down. Delgado is easily the most accomplished offensive weapon in the group, at least as measured by his nine-year average of 36 home runs and 114 RBI. Neither Lee nor Rodriguez ever has reached those plateaus in a single season, much less over a nine-year span. And Lo Duca, well, he impressed everyone during the final two months last season with the way he handled the pitching staff and produced clutch hit after clutch hit. At least until wearing down in the September death march. Over the past three seasons, Lo Duca has hit a combined .312 with runners in scoring position. Same as Delgado. Rodriguez? He's at .339 in that span with runners in scoring position, but Lee's .263 drags their combined output 15 points lower than their replacements. However, there are other measures, some relatively newfangled, perhaps even controversial, that favor the original pair. Their combined on-base and slugging percentage, for instance, which in theory removes the relative strengths and weaknesses of their teammates from the equation. Over the past two seasons, the Rodriguez-Lee combo has produced an .871 OPS. That's 22 points higher than the Delgado-Lo Duca number. How about runs created, another of the great Bill James' pet tools for measuring offensive production? Over the past two years, the Rodriguez-Lee combo has averaged 194.5 runs created. That's five more per year than their replacements. There's also win shares, another James formula in which he breaks down every on-field result (including defense) and divvies up the credit for a team's win total. Over the past two years, Rodriguez-Lee has totaled 91 win shares compared with 89 for Delgado-Lo Duca. Of course, we haven't even gotten around to comparing their average age -- at 31, Rodriguez-Lee is a year younger -- or the combined 12 Gold Gloves for Rodriguez-Lee against their replacements' zero. Or the fact Rodriguez and Lee helped the 2003 Marlins win a World Series in addition to the three American League West titles Rodriguez's Texas Rangers won in the '90s. Delgado and Lo Duca? They're still looking for their first taste of the postseason. Asked this week if he saw any karma in the fact his friend Rodriguez had to leave in order for him to land here, Delgado smiled. "Yeah, you're right, if he was here probably I wouldn't be here," Delgado said. "But I live today like it is today. I don't think about yesterday." Great philosophy. But it's so tempting to look back anyway. I just want to know what you guys think??
-
Besides Delgado which player would hurt the most
cabs and jp
-
2 key ST Players
By next year about 20 some million dollars will be available to use in the offseason. Hampton and pudge off the books is one big one. 676355[/snapback] We're still gonna need at least 3 SPs (assuming we can't lock up AJ during the season). 676379[/snapback] don't worry chance are we will have him back
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead 676315[/snapback] Then why would i insert Spooney? Are you trying to say thats what it shouldve been? 676317[/snapback] i was saying i would have been nice have them this year..you know :thumbup 676319[/snapback] I agree with Spooney, but Wayne..... Lets jsut say i dont want to upset Admin 676320[/snapback] you like bump more than wayne? 676326[/snapback] I like Howard more than both, has more potential. 676328[/snapback] i got that..but who would you chose bump or wayne? 676330[/snapback] Probably Bump. People sometimes fail to notice that Bump actually helped us win the WS, he the 7th innning man and an effective one for more than a month, and never faltered, he has potential when hes throwing strikes to be very effective, almost like a Kevin Gryboski, remember hes young and hasnt been in the league a while give him a chance, but with Wayne you don't really see that type of potential. 676345[/snapback] point taken :notworthy :notworthy 676348[/snapback] You got a counter debate for me Rolando?? :evil 676349[/snapback] nah dude you win
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead 676315[/snapback] Then why would i insert Spooney? Are you trying to say thats what it shouldve been? 676317[/snapback] i was saying i would have been nice have them this year..you know :thumbup 676319[/snapback] I agree with Spooney, but Wayne..... Lets jsut say i dont want to upset Admin 676320[/snapback] you like bump more than wayne? 676326[/snapback] I like Howard more than both, has more potential. 676328[/snapback] i got that..but who would you chose bump or wayne? 676330[/snapback] Probably Bump. People sometimes fail to notice that Bump actually helped us win the WS, he the 7th innning man and an effective one for more than a month, and never faltered, he has potential when hes throwing strikes to be very effective, almost like a Kevin Gryboski, remember hes young and hasnt been in the league a while give him a chance, but with Wayne you don't really see that type of potential. 676345[/snapback] point taken :notworthy :notworthy
-
BEST ACQUSITION
keeping mike lowell of course
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
Maybe at the beginning of the season they sucked but remember at one point it was Benitez? (One of the best 1-2 in the MLB, Mota didnt really falter until we Mota? ? ? ? were out of contention) Seanez Koch Weathers Perisho Bump Hoaward If we started off this year with that pen i'd be very confident... 676310[/snapback] i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead 676315[/snapback] Then why would i insert Spooney? Are you trying to say thats what it shouldve been? 676317[/snapback] i was saying i would have been nice have them this year..you know :thumbup 676319[/snapback] I agree with Spooney, but Wayne..... Lets jsut say i dont want to upset Admin 676320[/snapback] you like bump more than wayne? 676326[/snapback] I like Howard more than both, has more potential. 676328[/snapback] i got that..but who would you chose bump or wayne?
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
Maybe at the beginning of the season they sucked but remember at one point it was Benitez? (One of the best 1-2 in the MLB, Mota didnt really falter until we Mota? ? ? ? were out of contention) Seanez Koch Weathers Perisho Bump Hoaward If we started off this year with that pen i'd be very confident... 676310[/snapback] i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead 676315[/snapback] Then why would i insert Spooney? Are you trying to say thats what it shouldve been? 676317[/snapback] i was saying i would have been nice have them this year..you know :thumbup 676319[/snapback] I agree with Spooney, but Wayne..... Lets jsut say i dont want to upset Admin 676320[/snapback] you like bump more than wayne?
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
Maybe at the beginning of the season they sucked but remember at one point it was Benitez? (One of the best 1-2 in the MLB, Mota didnt really falter until we Mota? ? ? ? were out of contention) Seanez Koch Weathers Perisho Bump Hoaward If we started off this year with that pen i'd be very confident... 676310[/snapback] i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead 676315[/snapback] Then why would i insert Spooney? Are you trying to say thats what it shouldve been? 676317[/snapback] i was saying i would have been nice have them this year..you know :thumbup
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
Maybe at the beginning of the season they sucked but remember at one point it was Benitez? (One of the best 1-2 in the MLB, Mota didnt really falter until we Mota? ? ? ? were out of contention) Seanez Koch Weathers Perisho Bump Hoaward If we started off this year with that pen i'd be very confident... 676310[/snapback] i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney 676312[/snapback] I was listing last years pen... 676314[/snapback] yea i know... :banghead
-
Marlins Sign Jim Mecir
Maybe at the beginning of the season they sucked but remember at one point it was Benitez (One of the best 1-2 in the MLB, Mota didnt really falter until we Mota were out of contention) Seanez Koch Weathers Perisho Bump Hoaward If we started off this year with that pen i'd be very confident... 676310[/snapback] i would take out koch and bump of that list and put wayne and spooney
-
Which team will have the best pitching next year
beckett better
- Marlins Sign Jim Mecir