Everything posted by Marlin Nation
-
4/18 - New York Mets @ Florida Marlins
Damn! Hee hee, D-Train!
-
4/18 - New York Mets @ Florida Marlins
Okay, man here is your saftey hatch, get the f*** out of this inning.
-
4/18 - New York Mets @ Florida Marlins
Someone talk to Willis. I hope we bring out the heavy lumber and slug it out with the Mets.
-
4/18 - New York Mets @ Florida Marlins
This is gonna get really ugly.
-
Borowski blasts South Florida fans
I could care less about what a guy who gets paid millions of dollars to throw and catch a baseball has to say about the attendance or any topic. They are like race horses to me.
-
Hanley
I'd be alot more comfortable with him on the bench instead of him gingerly running around the bases.
-
For anyone who doubts Beinfest...
It's just contrarian nonsense, I'm sure the same critics of Beinfest are in the Cult o' Borchard too.
-
Heckling the visiting team
Last year when Toronto came to town I was sitting in the Fish Tank and some guys were LAYING into Vernon Wells yelling "Where the hell do you play? Canada!?" in which he responded "At least people go to our games." lol. He was pretty playful even in the middle of at bats.
-
"He's still our man"
I would like to say that Jorge Julio sucks at pitching.
-
Marlins Fishing for Solutions
I definitely prefer if a writer is closer to the sacred stats crowd than the clutch/energy/chemistry vein of thought.
-
Julio will be clsoing for a while
As to Lee's nickname as a closer...... How about, THE CONSTANT GARDNER I like that alot! Seriously, if Julio gets the nod for the 9th with the game on the line I'm gonna run out onto the field and throw myself in front of his pitch (assuming its anywhere near the plate) hopefully it will delay the game long enough for Freddi to reconsider.
-
The Color Orange
Doesn't Loria love the color orange hence its incorporation in everything? White, black, teal, silver, and orange, WOW that is a busy uni.
-
Tankersley news
That's excellent news, hopefully he doesn't come too early, though I'd like to have him available against the Phils.
-
World's tallest man gets married
"He was in the news in December after he used his long arms to save two dolphins by pulling out plastic from their stomachs." That is some Mr. Fantastic sh*t right there, lol.
-
Roy Corcoran is mad
I'm unashamed to say that I have no idea who Roy Corcoran is.
-
Heat will be on Gonzalez to match Girardi's success
I don't care who our manager is as long he doesn't call for a bunt in the first inning.
-
Open letter for those who are critical of Marlins fans
South Florida sports fans eat ass and that's it.
-
A Fan Letter for Perry Hill
Perry, You're the best infield coach in the game and it's not even close, this is a tremendous loss for the organization. The 2003 infield was one of the best defensive infields of all time in no small part to your hard work, insight, and talent. Best of luck to you and God bless you and your family. - Alex Cardenas
-
Fantasy Baseball Commercial on ESPN
Hehe, I was shocked when I saw him, I wonder if anyone knows who he is outside of NL East fans.
-
Dontrelle named Opening Day starter
Willis and Olsen being back-to-back in the rotation is good not because they are both lefties but because they are two best available pitchers. I always want my best pitcher on the mound in any situation to hell if they are lefty or righty.
-
Should Jeremy Hermida make the opening day roster?
I love this Borchard cult.
-
RIAA tells students: Pay up for downloads
I love my pirated music mainly because it's free and I didn't pay for it.
-
Blair Announces Beginning of Troop Withdrawals
We already have a tremendous military footrprint in the Persian Gulf, we don't need bases in Iraq to prosecute wars in that region.
-
Politics Poll 2007
LOL at the Iran question. Logistically speaking how would Israeli troops by themselves invade and occupy Iran without destabilizing the region? How could they defend Israel against an attack from another nation with the bulk of thier troops fighting in Iran? What if there is another intifada? What about Hamas, Hezbollah? The U.S. can't keep peace in Iraq, how would Israel conventionally defeat Iran as well as maintain tabs on a plethora of stategic contigencies. It's impossible. It's fine to be proud of the IDF, its a very storied and decorated armed forces but to think they could handle Iran and maintain thier own security situation is fantasy.
-
Jimmy Carter on Jews
In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course. All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that. Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East. I thought so. Turkey is a strong and important ally of Israel. Alot of Arab countries share a cold peace with Israel and enjoy a good deal of trade, that isn't "openly friendly" but both sides aren't completely intransigent. I understand your point but I think generalizations like that really hurt discussions about the Middle East and like mlowell1 said the hatred goes both ways.