Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlin Nation

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marlin Nation

  1. For the record Tommy Hutton is an awesome commentator and we are lucky to have him.
  2. I think they suspended him because he arbitrarily yelled at the ump as a way to fire up his team or whatever bs. He was just waiting for any close call as an excuse to yell and seem like a badass and for that he should get suspended.
  3. i dought cleveland will get rid of him, but what do you think the cost of shoppach would be? Wow!
  4. The idea of bringing back Alex Gonzalez and moving Hanley Ramirez to CF is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anywhere about any topic. Alex Gonzalez, overall, is one of the worst starters in baseball.
  5. I'd be alot more forgiving of the amount Yankee coverage if they were a relevent team but they are awful and going nowhere fast.
  6. I don't really make alot of noise, I do say "Yeah!" and clap in support of good plays and occasionally heckle players but for the most part I'm pretty muted. I don't know I think down here it's cooler to be quiet and in control than to be hooting and hollering.
  7. At this point I don't think anyone should scoff at the Marlins' relocating.
  8. Just because Freddi doesn't emote doesn't mean he doesn't care. Maybe he should wear one of those oversized Greek theatre masks to convey to you how he feels. Coming to the conclusion that a player or coach doesn't care by reading thier body language is probably the dumbest thing to come out of sports discussion. Some people emote differently, when some batters strike out they just go back to the dugout without outward emotion, others break thier bat and curse, there is no way to tell if one cares more than the other without knowing them personally. Criticize Freddi's in-game moves because some of them are awful, including the dreaded bunt wth Dan Uggla in the 1st inning (which almost made me leave the game though Kansas had me staying) but to say he doesnt care based on your amateur capacity to read body language is so asinine, so forgetable and lame it irks me to no end. Girardi manhandling Olsen last year is when I started to really get annoyed by him, they are grown men no need to chastise them like children in front of a national audience.
  9. Loveable Farfur!
  10. He should seriously consider bunting for a hit in every AB, he will at least get on base once in four attempts.
  11. There should be a whole forum dedicated to Marlins attendance.
  12. I'd be absolutely crushed if Miggy got traded but you gotta brace yourself for it, he has absurd upswing and only the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and Cubs could afford him once he hits the open market. Marlins have to consider salvaging his departure by securing some elite prospects. Thinking of Miggy in a Mets uniform makes me throw up a little in my mouth and if it happens I will jump off a bridge and kill myself.
  13. I really had no idea that players drink in the clubhouse to begin with though I doubt any of them are really getting hardcore wasted. I don't see how they get to get paid millions of dollars AND get to drink in the workplace while I'm totally sober (most of the time) at work and school, that seems unfair to me. Also, I really hope if you have kids that you don't teach them to emulate pro baseball players as they mostly don't pursue higher education and aren't exactly that sophisticated (they hit and catch a ball for a living). While I admire and appreciate thier athletic prowess I pretty much view them akin to race horses.
  14. The last thing an organization should think about when considering trading players is how the fans will react. I think that rings especially true for this market. They should definatly think about how the fans would react about trading Cabrera. It would be absolutly unforgivable in the South Florida market. What would they do not go to the games? Oh wait...
  15. The last thing an organization should think about when considering trading players is how the fans will react. I think that rings especially true for this market.
  16. I avoid 1pm games as they are moronic in SoFla.
  17. Teal-dominated unis belong in a beer league not on a MLB team, though I love teal as an accent. I love our unis now, they look very sharp. Also, not a fan of the vests. The solid teal unis burnt my retinas.
  18. I just read it over at yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070424/ap_on_sc/habitable_planet) Bring on the Green Hot alien babes! We better hurry up, I am not sure Shatner has much longer to go, we need to send him to "come in peace, shoot to kill" Let's hope they don't reproduce in a cloud of spores.
  19. God, isn't there any other avenue for the Marlins to exploit? Organized crime? Terrorism?
  20. Not a hardcore fan of Cheap Trick but I thought they performed really well, also seeing them for free enhances my opinion. Fireworks were cool too, an excellent idea overall, props to the often beleaguered Marlin PR department.
  21. We just need to get healthy, this thread is grossly premature.
  22. 1-2-3 inning is in order.
  23. Uggla lately has been insanely impatient.
  24. I think this offense will light up John Maine, hopefully they get at least a couple back first time through the order.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.